What determines a "coat" of paint

Shell820810

12 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

B|

bacon rolls go down well.....just saying.......

I am working away tomorrow, so it will have to be a packet of traybakes or something else I can leave before I go.  If they are back on Friday the bacon sarnies will be on site for 10.

Hence the very nervous post this morning, you get what you pay for and all that.....He did say to roll it would be about another £1000. And we are going white walls and ceiling, so theres no cutting in needed.

On another note, I don't know how you could be well after doing that job.  I was in for about 5 minutes, twice today and my head is still sore.  Awful fumes!

Job finished this evening. Some ok , lots not :(

There was definitely only 2 coats went on. We marked discreetly various rooms after the second coat and it hasn't been covered.

There are a lot of rooms were about six inches has been missed between top of wall and ceiling. Some rooms generally don't have good coverage.

They said they would run a scraper to take off any bits of rough and floor screed on the wall, it wasn't done. They were just painted over.

There is paint residue left on the windows and parts of the frame wasn't covered properly has been sprayed.

You get what you pay for I guess, but he didn't deliver what he quoted. Phonecalls tomorrow to get the boss out to walk around and see what he wants to do about it.

Edited by Shell820810

My guy spent around half a day just sanding what was, to me, a perfectly flat and clean plaster surface.  He had a neat long-handled sander to get right up to the tops of the walls and sand across the ceilings without needing a ladder etc.

I don't know how the spray guys do it, but our bloke put an initial coat of slightly watered down white emulsion everywhere, and let that soak into the plaster and dry off.  He then lightly sanded that and rollered the first top coat, lightly sanded that and rollered on the second top coat, with the other chap going around with a brush cutting in the corners and around the windows and doors.

I provided all the paint, filler and the access tower, and paid £1200 labour to do the above to all the internal walls and ceilings on our 130m2 house.  I can't remember the total area painted, but it was greater than that for a "normal" house of that floor area, because of the 4m high vaulted ceilings upstairs.