What is the approx. EPC figure for a Building Regs build?

A quick EPC question to which I cannot find an answer.

What would be an EPC value for a typical "building regs minimum" newbuild property?

I did however find numbers for how EPC values have changed over the last 20 years. Right direction, more still to do.

epc-improvement.jpg.b6f767de6da0235b2d96a18849bd675c.jpg

Source:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/627688/Potential_stock_improvements_Report_2015-16.pdf

@Ferdinand

my new build 71sqM bungalow in Wales is now approx 1 year old. It's an EPC of C71.

Heating is via bulk LPG.

Its a holiday home so not really typical but the first full year of heating bills (Edit: inc cooking and hot water) came to about £170 of LPG which was 560 litres + the £60 standing charge for the tank rental.

If I average the walls, roof and GF slab my U values are 0.15 and windows are 3G at 0.8.

Air tightness is 3.7m3/(h.m2)

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1

Based on our plans our house will be 78. I wanted some think that was slightly above building regulations. If I have more money during the build I'll invest further in better windows, insulation etc.

My total energy costs are projected to be in the region of £50 per month.

I was surprised at how little lenders are willing to lend for self build mortgages, if I had been offered the same amount for an existing residential product I would have invested more to improve this rating to perhaps the mid 80s. 

Just out interest for those currently building what are your projected figures?