Sign in to follow this  
PeterW

Cheap 6KW ASHP

Sorry, I can't read the image on this screen.

To get the U values for the walls, floor, roof etc, you need to work out the impact of all the materials, plus any sealed air gaps.  The method for doing that is obtain the lambda value for the material, work out the thermal resistance for each layer, add up all those thermal resistance figures, and then take the inverse to find out the total U value.

I have some simple U value calculators to do this for common building materials (timber, OSB, plasterboard, sealed air spaces, insulation materials, concrete, stone etc) but rather than guess, if you can give the build up of the walls, ground floor and either the ceiling or roof (depending where the insulation is) I can then post back here the calculation for all to see and use.

3 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

I have some simple U value calculators to do this for common building materials (timber, OSB, plasterboard, sealed air spaces, insulation materials, concrete, stone etc) but rather than guess, if you can give the build up of the walls, ground floor and either the ceiling or roof (depending where the insulation is) I can then post back here the calculation for all to see and use.

@JSHarris i am very grateful for your offer to help me with this,  i will compile the information in the next few days and report back. Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, Cpd said:

@JSHarris i am very grateful for your offer to help me with this,  i will compile the information in the next few days and report back. Thanks. 

No problem, if you include the window and door areas and U values I can work through the heat loss spreadsheet pretty quickly, and give some more useful data for you.