Thanks to you all!

Ed_MK

Well, I know I have been quiet the last 4 weeks or so...

..been biting my nails and waiting...

BUT..A few days ago we got APPROVAL of our 3 Bed Home !!

Thanks to all that helped me with advice and sent me samples and guides to look over for 
the statement and gave me other advice

Special thanks to Forum powerhouses ... Ferdinand and Jack

I now have to get these conditions signed off for building reg I guess...so maybe I will

be bothering you lot again soon

regards

Ed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 01/12/2017 at 15:35, Ferdinand said:

Never found anything in Milton Keynes for the blasted trees.

Except when I revisited the Futurehome 2000 estate, which I went to first time round with dad.

ah... the trees.

they love the trees in MK.

we are surrounded by some beasts. hundreds of years old...but thankfully these are 100m plus away and on other land.

I mean I do LOVE them. but it is awash with TPO around here....even to be seen near one of them with with a lopper will probably get you 6 months !!!

1 hour ago, Ed_MK said:

ah... the trees.

they love the trees in MK.

we are surrounded by some beasts. hundreds of years old...but thankfully these are 100m plus away and on other land.

I mean I do LOVE them. but it is awash with TPO around here....even to be seen near one of them with with a lopper will probably get you 6 months !!!

The trick is NOT to be seen ;) 

:ph34r:

47 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You'd be surprised what 2 guys on a big bow saw can do. ;) 

All you've got to do is condemn it :ph34r:

Trees with TPAs can be condemned if they are diseased or rotten.  Scraping away some soil around the largest roots, drilling some small holes and filling them with old car battery acid has the curious effect of making a tree look pretty rotten after a few months...............

I can write a DD&D report from 200 miles away ....... :ph34r:

Working on TPOs is fine until you get a new tree officer like the one we’ve just got - young and clueless ..!! Degree in Environmental Science yet can’t tell an oak from a sycamore and thought a 40 year old oak covered in water sprouts was “healthy”... Wanted me to put a full application in to remove, I declined with a “if it falls onto that house in the interim it’s on the council insurance...”

Mr Husqvarna 1 - Council 0

I know a couple of lads who have already put in complaints against her - doesn’t seem to understand what PPE is either ....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JSHarris said:

Trees with TPAs can be condemned if they are diseased or rotten.  Scraping away some soil around the largest roots, drilling some small holes and filling them with old car battery acid has the curious effect of making a tree look pretty rotten after a few months...............

Copper suphate similarly injected into nuisance conifers in the dead of night allegedly has a similar effect...

12 hours ago, Onoff said:

Copper suphate similarly injected into nuisance conifers in the dead of night allegedly has a similar effect...

eek!

battery acid, copper sulphate ...I can see the guy at the hardware now !! :o

If i was to look at the pressure cookers for the wife (while there) they would have me in a small room

at MI5 

• Haha 1

Ahhh the joy of tree fencing ..! That’s permanent Heras or similar. I’ve got a copy of the BS guidance if you want it to do your site plans for fencing. 

There is an anomaly in there in that (as usual) they have said you need to put fencing in place before any works, yet it’s likely you will need to undertake works to get the fencing and openings in ...

Nice to see that as soon as you have ground levels agreed you can get the slab in, as all above ground is approval prior to this stage, not prior to commencement. 

Do you have a CIL liability..?

hmmm..

Never been asked that before Peter , and never heard it mentioned either.

I just did some FAST reading and I cannot find many references to it under 

the councils site 

having a skim over it (Gov site) ...could it be that we are exempt due to the size of dwelling?

I think i read 100 m2 + somewhere

1 hour ago, Ed_MK said:

hmmm..

Never been asked that before Peter , and never heard it mentioned either.

I just did some FAST reading and I cannot find many references to it under 

the councils site 

having a skim over it (Gov site) ...could it be that we are exempt due to the size of dwelling?

I think i read 100 m2 + somewhere

I believe that the 100 sqm exemption does not apply to new build, but as a self-builder you should be exempt anyway, surely?

There are elephant traps (ie they will charge you notwthstanding you being a self-builder) if you do not have your confirmed CiL exemption in place, and written in tablets of stone ,before development starts. Putting up tree fences may or may not count as development B| - someone else might know or confirm that it is foggy.

The documents will be on display with the other Council Plans:

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand