Velux Windows

Just shooting out the door to go get the nearest and dearest back from the airport, but on my return (5pm) i am hoping you can provide me with the answer to my question. 

Question. I have just found a brand new 4foot x 4 foot + velux window, still in its box in a skip, more on that later. A new flashing will cost £70 but can i fit a this amazing  velux window into my shed wall rather than the roof, already have windows in the roof.....   cannot find out if you can put them in upright or if they have to be on an angle. Thanks in advance.   

47 minutes ago, Cpd said:

Just shooting out the door to go get the nearest and dearest back from the airport, but on my return (5pm) i am hoping you can provide me with the answer to my question. 

Question. I have just found a brand new 4foot x 4 foot + velux window, still in its box in a skip, more on that later. A new flashing will cost £70 but can i fit a this amazing  velux window into my shed wall rather than the roof, already have windows in the roof.....   cannot find out if you can put them in upright or if they have to be on an angle. Thanks in advance.   

Probably in a skip for a reason 

For a shed? I'd use it without question. Cant see any aspect of the sealing or draining that would be problematic. But... was it scrap in the skip, or just placed there for a moment? Is it yours? Moral rather than architectural questions apply.

Ok so lets be CLEAR 

this came out of a builders merchants skip, i saw it and a lot of other goodies and as it was my local shop and i know all the managment and the lads on first name terms i went into the office and asked what the story was. The story was that they had just done a stock take and all the “crap” in the skip was stuff that customers had ordered years ago and not picked up. This was when you could still make orders without paying until you picked up. That has now stopped unless you have an account. They told me to “fill my boots” ie help yourself to anything you want. So thats where the skip story comes in and as i was in a rush this morning i did not have time to explain. I am very aware of what is right and what is wrong thank you kindly. So my question was about if you could fit a perfectly brand new if not old model velux window in a vertical shed wall, because they are designed to go into a pitched roof. I geuss i will just give it a go. Have to order the flashings that are still available by special order for £70 but  that  makes for a very cheep window.  VELUX GGL S08 3059 Window 114cm x 140cm Centre Pivot Toughened - Pine  

9 hours ago, le-cerveau said:

The question is where was the skip?

• On the public highway, then legally you can keep it.
  • on someones property, then that is a different question.

I believe that taking something even that is being thrown away from a skip commits the crime of "theft by finding". @Cpd clearly didn't do that, I just don't want anyone getting into trouble accidentally.

A few years ago someone was charged for taking stuff from a Tesco skip. Frankly this is a stupid and ridiculous waste of police and court time as it was plainly thrown away but it still happened. So if you find something useful in a skip make sure you ask for it. I can't imagine anyone would say no, well I can but most people would be fine with it. Last week we put a chest of drawers out for the council to take away, someone rang the bell and we happily let them have it.