Christmas list

Triassic

I'm happy to recommend the same one as @Nickfromwales. Buy the laser receiver too. The receiver is almost essential when the sun's  bright and -to date- I have used it over a distance of 20 meters or so. Used it after @nod's tutoring in establishing a datum level.

Even I can use one successfully.

Of course, if @nod were to leave his Hilti laser around somewhere, I'd look after it for him.

I have a little MAKITA one which just does two axis, great for most activity - never quite worked out why you would need three axis - but I am confident I will be told. I also have a concern that mine, and the others I played with before I purchased, project lines about 3-4 pencil line widths wide which I find frustrating 0.3mm wide would be ideal and not technically difficult but none of those I tried came close, in the end I try and mark in the centre of the line.

1 hour ago, recoveringacademic said:

I'm happy to recommend the same one as @Nickfromwales. Buy the laser receiver too. The receiver is almost essential when the sun's  bright and -to date- I have used it over a distance of 20 meters or so. Used it after @nod's tutoring in establishing a datum level.

Even I can use one successfully.

Of course, if @nod were to leave his Hilti laser around somewhere, I'd look after it for him.

Anytime Ian

30 minutes ago, Triassic said:

I’ve looked at the Bosch  cube style ones. Thinking about it, a two axis laser will do everything I need it to do. Ideally I’d like to spend less than £100, ideally around £50 to £70.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeWalt-DE088K-Laser-Level-ASH48112/263347619400?hash=item3d50bdc648:g:aEwAAOSwTO9aHDIM

and 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-PCL-20-SELF-LEVELLING-CROSS-LINE-LASER-LEVEL/162692585830?epid=1072996711&hash=item25e13bd966:g:FMUAAOSw-3pZz~R9

The dewalt ones take a real beating and just keep going. 

For £50-£70 I'd buy a used one or you'll get a cheap nasty laser.