Completion - SAPs, EPC, Airtightness

Grosey

Hi,

Could someone explain to me to me in layman’s terms what I need to do in relation to these documents in order to get completion certificate?

SAPs calculation were done to obviously get Building regs, however I bought my plot with planning permission etc and just got underway so I skipped a lot of the education on these things.  I’ve built the house as per the plans in terms of Insulation and windows. Do I now need the place to be certified as it’s built to ensure I have met the calculations or is this just assumed?

How does an EPC fall in line with all this, and which ones are critical documents?

1 minute ago, Grosey said:

The house is built and finished. Just trying to obtain completion certificate. 

Make a phone call to the BCO and ask him what info he needs from you in order to issue his final completion certificate.

You need to get an On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor (OCDEA) to generate an 'as built' SAP score from which he  will create the first EPC. This cannot be done by an 'ordinary' SAP/EPC Assessor as they can only use RdSAP on existing buildings. You need and air tightness test result for the 'as built' SAP score, there is a default option but it is probably to high for you to pass if the house is built to the minimum required to pass building regs.

24 minutes ago, A_L said:

You need to get an On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor (OCDEA) to generate an 'as built' SAP score from which he  will create the first EPC. This cannot be done by an 'ordinary' SAP/EPC Assessor as they can only use RdSAP on existing buildings. You need and air tightness test result for the 'as built' SAP score, there is a default option but it is probably to high for you to pass if the house is built to the minimum required to pass building regs.

Perfect thank you, I’m assuming that the As built sap assessment will need to take place on site and not just from plans and information I provide?

11 hours ago, Grosey said:

Perfect thank you, I’m assuming that the As built sap assessment will need to take place on site and not just from plans and information I provide?

Only thing that needs done on site is the air tightness test - rest is done from drawings, window specs, heating design, renewables details etc..