Wall hung WC with horizontal outlet - possible?

JIH

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Marley manifold is designed to be used in commercial buildings - the branches are about £25 each and you connect the pan direct using another fitting that is about £30.... you can’t put a horizontal extension on it the way you’ve drawn it. 

Ok, thanks Peter.  I'm learning. . . . slowly 

Is there a reference somewhere that would enable me to work out the offset achieved when using a pair of bends?  What I really need is dimensional drawings of these waste fittings I suppose.

30 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Is the small piece on the left any good, got two. Guessing that could go straight onto the pan connector then 110mm from there? It takes a 90mm male and I think pushes into a 110mm socket...

2017-03-26 10.44.47

Also got two of the 90deg elbow  90/90 bits spare.

@PeterStarck kindly sorted me with a 90mm F to the 110mm M in this photo:

20170225_120054

EDIT: BUGGER! The bits I'm offering wouldn't clip into the Geberit frame!

All sorted now @Onoff, thanks to Nick's cunning plan.  Thanks again for the offer.

J

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

If going ott belt and braces I imagine you could affix a 110mm clip to the Geberit frame in place of the black 90mm one.

You robbed me of gold, and now he wants the silver too :D

I doubt any mere mortal would ever get the flush pipe to soil pipe centres spot on enough to offer the pan on without issues.

5 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

You robbed me of gold, and now he wants the silver too :D

I doubt any mere mortal would ever get the flush pipe to soil pipe centres spot on enough to offer the pan on without issues.

:) As in the original Geberit set up ensures exact centres between flush and pan pipe!

Allowing the 110mm line to "float" gives flexibility. It'll still be pretty stiff I reckon so I'd aim for being bang on and bank on a little bit of tolerance on the pan connector.

Could always put a bit of ply in the stud wall with a 111/114mm hole in as a guide...lightly screwed then nut it up properly once all in. 

A proper fun job this, straying a little from the norm! Satisfaction when done.

41 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

That's a good idea, seeing as there's rear access. I'm glad I inspire you to come up with these ideas :ph34r:

I bought a 114mm "Starrett" from Wickes of all places to add to my collection. Their own brand but pretty good. This for when I did my frame. It was so I could slip the ply and plaster board on and off but leave the yellow plug in. Don't think I'll be splashing out on a 111mm though just yet.

SAM_5756

• 4 years later...

Hello experts

My daughter is re configuring her flat and would appreciate your advice on wall hung WC pan (Geberit frame) connection to the new horizontal 110 dia upvc drain. The new horizontal will be connected to the existing vertical soil vent pipe in the corner as shown on the drawings which already has a boss connection.  The distance I have between the back of WC pan and the new horizontal drain is 290 but would prefer if this can be reduced so that I can increase the width of the shower room! Can you please advise me on all appropriate bend fittings she will require to purchase. Plan.pdf

Thank you all

ash

Section XX.pdf

Pretty much what I have:

20170719_224620

The black into grey is push fit:

SAM_5751

2017-07-17_10-50-33

The grey straight to grey bend, grey bend to grey bend then grey bend to brown straight joints are solvent weld. I made the mistake of using brown, "underground" pipe instead of grey . Although all pvc the brown is a bit more "rubbery". I used gap filling pvc cement there  and even then went over the top with a smear of something. 

If using push fit always have the male above the female fitting on the slope.

Starting at the WC end..

I've looked at your drawings and I don't think the fames come with a straight pan connector pipe. I think they all come with the black right angle pipe as per @Onoffs photo. Check that first. So I think you might need something like this one but I'm not sure if that's the right type for frame mounting..

geberit-90mm-90mm-hdpe-straight-connector-for-wc-frames-366887161.jpg.806619960900ce9fc502aa224152310c.jpg

https://hertsplumbingsupplies.co.uk/toilet-spares/813-geberit-90mm-90mm-hdpe-straight-connector-for-wc-frames-366887161-4025416030232.html

Also not sure if that's 110mm at the left hand end?

Then it looks like you will need a bend around 35 degrees downwards like one of these..

110mm-Solvent-Weld-Soil-Pipe-135-degree-SS-Bend-300x300.png.5f2e9c96459ed420fb945040faa88307.png

then in the horizontal run insert a "Triple Socket 92 Degree Soil Branch Tee" like one of these. The curve injecting water in the direction of the flow.

solv-ts-tee-grey-1.thumb.jpg.1d53ffa0ad3eeece6407913412f232c4.jpg

Then 110mm pipe for the horizontal run and another of those Tee branches in the vertical stack. If the stack can't be lifted to insert it into the Socket of the Tee you may need to cut out a bigger section and use a slip coupling. 

I've shown solvent weld versions but similar push fit exist if you prefer.

Its hard to be certain about the 35 Degree bend. Might need a length of pipe between it and the Tee in the horizontal run. It's a case of it being easier to work out when you are on site. If you do then the bend needs to have two sockets not one of each.

Edited by Temp

A thread I put up about a mate's install:

Two of my 3 identical frames showing the components:

25531294755_a4cb577b90_k.thumb.jpg.ff4bc570863945c3e5e1fca99a9eadd9.jpg.77520da2d9b1a8f4c68445863bf02eca.jpg

Maybe some of the pics here on p7 with the post-its stuck on the pipes might help for sizes:

Edited by Onoff

On 07/01/2022 at 11:42, Temp said:

Double checking I see that one is 90mm at the left hand end. So I think you need this one..

https://www.wolseley.co.uk/product/geberit-hdpe-duofix-straight-connector-110mm/

Which fits a 90mm pan on the right and a 110mm push fit socket on the left. That means you want one of these 135mm bends instead of the solvent weld bend..

https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-push-fit-135-single-socket-bend-grey-110mm/13199?tc=IB6&ds_kid=92700055281954505&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=CjwKCAiAz--OBhBIEiwAG1rIOgkYNciguvpRgG1ukkO_cpXMMHhDBGvLrYQgsFAaSlKSmlgv_nsPORoCHWQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

That might mean using push fit rather than solvent weld for the other parts as I don't think you can mix and match

Thank you Temp. We will be connecting to the existing 100 dia upvc soil vent pipe which serves 4 floors above. We are on the lower ground floor. We need advice

how we connect into the existing svp at 190mm above the floor level. What looks like an access point! Also we need to slightly offset the new horizontal soil pipe to connect

into existing svp. Any suggestions?3d.thumb.jpg.814f66e9ee406e627b1037210c78412d.jpgExtgSVP.thumb.jpg.13ab1bf43cd408ffef72a9fa3ca41541.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 07/01/2022 at 11:05, Onoff said:

Pretty much what I have:

20170719_224620

The black into grey is push fit:

SAM_5751

2017-07-17_10-50-33

The grey straight to grey bend, grey bend to grey bend then grey bend to brown straight joints are solvent weld. I made the mistake of using brown, "underground" pipe instead of grey . Although all pvc the brown is a bit more "rubbery". I used gap filling pvc cement there  and even then went over the top with a smear of something. 

If using push fit always have the male above the female fitting on the slope.

@Onoff does this pipe work ok and empty the toilet properly.

how much fall is there ?
I will have a similar horizontal run, I can get at least a 1:40 fall, but the toilet is approx 2.5m from the vertical stack so I am a little concerned that it will draw enough flow to clear the pan. 
The house I currently live in has a shortish horizontal run with very little fall and very annoyingly tends to leave the paper and or floaters behind. 

7 hours ago, Chanmenie said:

@Onoff does this pipe work ok and empty the toilet properly.

how much fall is there ?
I will have a similar horizontal run, I can get at least a 1:40 fall, but the toilet is approx 2.5m from the vertical stack so I am a little concerned that it will draw enough flow to clear the pan. 
The house I currently live in has a shortish horizontal run with very little fall and very annoyingly tends to leave the paper and or floaters behind. 

It works perfectly. Never missed a beat. As to the exact fall I'll have to have a dig through pics and sketches etc.