Hello from Newmarket

Luckylad

22 minutes ago, Luckylad said:

Hi

Its a blockwork chalet bungalow . My slate roof is finished, I've just started insulating the upstairs rooms. At the moment I'm shopping around for aluminium Windows 

Aluminium, or aluminium clad timber?

I got quotes from about half a dozen, and Rationel were the cheapest (and almost the best for me) Others I tried were Internorm, Nordan, Katzbeck, Russel Timbertech and a couple of others I forget.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll investigate all the window recommendations ,cheers.

7 hours ago, Tennentslager said:

Welcome @Luckylad

Kinda remember that a plasterer used to be a plasterer and slater up here. Something to do with the weather and keeping busy all year.

What about you...?

We're fortunate to be busy enough ,just to keep plastering ,rendering and screeding. I can remember my father saying that years ago wall tiling was associated with plastering .

10 hours ago, Luckylad said:

Hello

I'm in the process of doing a self build and this forum seems a great source of help and advice. I hope I can give out some advice, as well as receive it, because I've been a plasterer for 34 years so should know what I'm talking about!

Welcome to Buildhub.

If you've been plastering for 34 years, I assume you'll either have the shoulders of a god, or they'll be completely knackered!

1 hour ago, Luckylad said:

We're fortunate to be busy enough ,just to keep plastering ,rendering and screeding. I can remember my father saying that years ago wall tiling was associated with plastering .

Welcome to the forum. Yeah, my plasterer did screeding and tiling.

14 hours ago, jack said:

Welcome to Buildhub.

If you've been plastering for 34 years, I assume you'll either have the shoulders of a god, or they'll be completely knackered!

Lol yes it's hard work. I like to think I have the shoulders of a completely knackered God!

• Haha 1