Telescopic air vents

7 hours ago, Vijay said:

Is there any reason I couldn't have these so they sit at the same height as the concrete beams in a B&B floor? I know a lot of details show the vents under the beams. So like this:

air vent.bmp

Hi Vijay

if you have the vents at the same height as the beams, you will struggle with airflow BC will want to see the slab before you start building So it might be worth running it past BC

We had a simalar problem and I had to buy 70  ent extensions to allow the be to clear the beams

9 hours ago, nod said:

Hi Vijay

if you have the vents at the same height as the beams, you will struggle with airflow BC will want to see the slab before you start building So it might be worth running it past BC

We had a simalar problem and I had to buy 70  ent extensions to allow the be to clear the beams

The vents would sit at the lower part of the beam, so be under the floor block level. Did BC make you lower it?

9 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

aren't you building in icf?

if so can you not cut the inner poly down 50-75mm so the black letterbox sits under the level of the beams. 

Got out a pic. 

I could if I really had to but would be easier for me at this stage to do it on the the next course of ICF, once the floor beams are in (and I would know exactly where the floor beams and rebar are located)

Got out a pic??

9 hours ago, Vijay said:

The vents would sit at the lower part of the beam, so be under the floor block level. Did BC make you lower it?

8 hours ago, Vijay said:

I could if I really had to but would be easier for me at this stage to do it on the the next course of ICF, once the floor beams are in (and I would know exactly where the floor beams and rebar are located)

Got out a pic??

9 hours ago, Vijay said:

No our engineer said I was wasting my time putting the vents in if they were obstructed

So I made the decision to extend them all

I'm not sure you even understand what you are asking. 

You sit the internal vent on the same course you place your beams. The beams hold the block infill 50mm above this course. Your vent fits in this gap  

what alternative is there?! What are you asking?!

21 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

The proposal looks fine as it will vent under the blocks and you can it the vent on the beam DPC.  Do you have any vents where the beams run parallel?

I have but the beam will be at least 50mm in front of vent

20 hours ago, Oz07 said:

I'm not sure you even understand what you are asking. 

You sit the internal vent on the same course you place your beams. The beams hold the block infill 50mm above this course. Your vent fits in this gap  

what alternative is there?! What are you asking?!

1 minute ago, Vijay said:

I have but the beam will be at least 50mm in front of vent

This is how it's been drawn on my plans

TV.jpg

Not poured the concrete yet but it would just make my life easier to do it on the next course when the beams are in place. It also allows me to try and set the brickwork out, so the vents are in the right place on the exterior