Probe for thermostat

CC45

Evening all,

Just 1st fixing electrics - moved onto bathrooms & for these I've got some of these:

https://www.wundatrade.co.uk/shop/home/accessories/electrics-2/touchscreen-thermostat-combo/

The supplied probe is 3m long - is it possible to extend these?  If so, what impact would it have on the readings?

If its not possible to extend then then I need to rethink the location of the thermostat - which I'd rather not do.

Any help / advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Extending them is no problem at all, been done plenty of times :). Make the joint above ground and if possible accesble, if not, I'd recommend soldering and heat shrink sleeving to get a lifetime hassle free joint. 

Measure the resistance before and after the connection and you'll know it's been done properly. 

5 minutes ago, CC45 said:

Thanks Nick - after many years doing rc buggy's soldering should not be a prob - what wire would you use to extend them with?  Does extending them alter their accuracy? Increase time lag?

No issues whatsoever mate ;)

I race Caster 1/10th scale with my boys when indoors, and they've got FTX Colossus's 1/8th for rally cross / bashing. All running lipos with brushless. My summer goal is to get my Losi 2.0 rolling chassis converted to electric and running, proper old school one which I'll be running 22v ?

Got a few tbh.  Current fav is a carisma gtb - indoors on carpet its fantastic.  Next summer will get the balance between house and racing sorted and brush off the b44.  You've got some big boys toys there, those 1/8ths must go like stink....  Thank god for lipo's.

Anyway back on topic - any suggestions regarding wire to extend the sensor? ??

54 minutes ago, CC45 said:

Got a few tbh.  Current fav is a carisma gtb - indoors on carpet its fantastic.  Next summer will get the balance between house and racing sorted and brush off the b44.  You've got some big boys toys there, those 1/8ths must go like stink....  Thank god for lipo's.

The micros make me dizzy. Too small and too bloody quick :D

Looking for another Lunchbox rolling chassis for daughter #2 now.