Geberit

nod

Don't get the "basic" frames as the brackets to fix back to the wall are just bolt together metal brackets with elongated holes, quite shit tbh, instead of the better threaded arrangements with captive nuts and lock ring circlip type nuts which keep things from moving that come with the better frames. 

Also, I noticed the basic range have the water inlet but no thumb wheel to shut the water off during parts replacement / servicing, so the one I fitted recently ( where budget was tight, and then some ) would need the water to the house shutting off to work on it. Not the end of the world but I can't really see how anyone would want to save the few quid there tbh.  

20 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Don't get the "basic" frames as the brackets to fix back to the wall are just bolt together metal brackets with elongated holes, quite shit tbh, instead of the better threaded arrangements with captive nuts and lock ring circlip type nuts which keep things from moving that come with the better frames. 

Also, I noticed the basic range have the water inlet but no thumb wheel to shut the water off during parts replacement / servicing, so the one I fitted recently ( where budget was tight, and then some ) would need the water to the house shutting off to work on it. Not the end of the world but I can't really see how anyone would want to save the few quid there tbh.  

Thanks Nick 

Great help as always

The 820mm frames have the flush plate low, so the toilet seat lifts up and rests on it. The 1120's have the flush plate high enough for the seat to rest back against the tile / other whilst missing the plate. Pros and cons with each......

With the 820's the seat can rub on the plate if you, ahem, 'lean back' shall we say. 

With the 1120's, should you go with a mirror chrome finish on the plate, you can get a lovely 'reflection' of the man tackle being drained. 

I fitted a white plate on an 1120 frame for a customer which works quite well....

image.thumb.jpeg.fbaba154fed99dd647f5e39ca187e4f2.jpeg

11 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

Hmmm, don't tell me.....I know this one.... eermmmm  this customer ..... she's a flamenco dancer Yes?

At the risk of this being read by said customer.......let me just say that I'd have part tiled that wall.......but that's with 2 boys who pee like one of those Crazy Daisy's you get for the garden :(. The wallpaper had 3 coats of water based matt 'varnish' so is, erm, "splashback" so to speak. :S

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

At the risk of this being read by said customer.......let me just say that I'd have part tiled that wall.......but that's with 2 boys who pee like one of those Crazy Daisy's you get for the garden :(. The wallpaper had 3 coats of water based matt 'varnish' so is, erm, "splashback" so to speak. :S

Big clear acrylic sheet? My missus insisted on tile effect wallpaper next to the dishwasher which gets splashed when loading.

Splashback...I can still remember Imagination doing that track on TOTP  :)

If you are having a btw loo which sits on the floor you could get away with just the cistern (rather than the frame too).

It is a more tricky fit as the wall mounting brackets are a bit flimsy, but if you are building a box around anyway they are fine and offer a good price saving.

5 minutes ago, bassanclan said:

If you are having a btw loo which sits on the floor you could get away with just the cistern (rather than the frame too).

It is a more tricky fit as the wall mounting brackets are a bit flimsy, but if you are building a box around anyway they are fine and offer a good price saving.

Yes, but you need to know your finished floor level to the nearest few mm's to put the frames in early on. With the wall mounted free standing WC's you can also define the height of the pan, and when I suggest to customers to have the pan an inch or so higher than normal they agree that it's far easier to hop on / off vs the standard height. Worth remember that your not stuck to that constraint with the wall mounted ones :)

2 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Yes, but you need to know your finished floor level to the nearest few mm's to put the frames in early on. With the wall mounted free standing WC's you can also define the height of the pan, and when I suggest to customers to have the pan an inch or so higher than normal they agree that it's far easier to hop on / off vs the standard height. Worth remember that your not stuck to that constraint with the wall mounted ones :)

Oh yes, I agree. Choose between wall mounted or floor btw (knowing the benefits of both) and then make the decision of the cistern/frame

21 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

The 820mm frames have the flush plate low, so the toilet seat lifts up and rests on it. The 1120's have the flush plate high enough for the seat to rest back against the tile / other whilst missing the plate. Pros and cons with each......

With the 820's the seat can rub on the plate if you, ahem, 'lean back' shall we say. 

With the 1120's, should you go with a mirror chrome finish on the plate, you can get a lovely 'reflection' of the man tackle being drained. 

I fitted a white plate on an 1120 frame for a customer which works quite well....

image.thumb.jpeg.fbaba154fed99dd647f5e39ca187e4f2.jpeg

Top tip  Nick