Klik Lighting: what's that about then?

ToughButterCup

Ploughing through the FF (first-fix, first fix)  electrics today. Met a very nice lady from a lesser know electrics  chain. She likes to say Yesss. 

Anyway, looking through the catalogue I see Hager do a thing called Klik lighting   So, what's more natural than searching BH for reference to it? Nada, nichts, nothing.

However, there are some on here who'll know every last detail, every last reason why I should use it, and why not.

This is what I was looking at

The question is, should I use this system to run my 6A lighting circuits?

Ian

Used a lot in offices with suspended ceilings. The lighting panels plug into the Klick units.

Each "socket" on the Klick unit has N, E, L and 2 possible switched L outputs so you can configure exactly what you have by rewiring the plug, ordinary light, emergency light, switched from circuit A or B.

It allows an office to be adaptable easilly.

Unless you are planning a suspended ceiling tile system I would not even give it consideration for a domestiic build.

I think you have your answer but if you want my 6 pence worth - is 6 pence still a thing, then you don't need them (it) however nice she is, unless she is very nice in which case you still don't need them cos you will have to sell up when the divorce proceedings commence and so will no longer be the owner of your lovely lighting wiring although presumably, and as long as an even nicer lady (or person of another gender type depending) does not come along trying to sell you the built in hoover, you will have a hot line to some more for the next house you build.

• Haha 1

£140 for that 4-way connector will buy you a lot of.............other more necessary stuff. These are unnecessary IMO, and can be replaced, quicker and more easily, with simple Wagos and boxes. You don't need the disconnect-ability as your generic lighting should be fit-n-forget ;) 

And yes, stay away from these temptresses, or one swift yank and you'll be changing gender :D