Living with the MVHR - cold ensuite - MVHR extract inline valving?

So its getting colder and my partner likes a warm (21-22degC) ensuite to get ready for bed.

But we also both like a cold bedroom to sleep in (so no heating elements and currently 18.5deg).

Sometimes I like to have an evening bath or shower in the family bathroom.

All fine but for one point:

when I have a evening bath it seems the MVHR runs at boost to vent my bathroom (good) but at the same time it is sucking the heat out of the ensuite and dragging the cold bedroom air into the ensuite so my partner complains.

Am I at fault for trying not to have the whole house at the same temperature?  And does a MVHR inline controllable valve exist (I can easily splice into the ensuite's extract)?

Edited by readiescards
correct title

Temporarily I'd open the window in the bathroom while having the bath to limit/avoid the MVHR going into boost? It must have a moisture sensor to know to boost? You could override this but you still need to deal with the moisture build up. I doubt reversing the ensuite to a blower would be a good idea either. You've already outlined the best solution if it exists. Contact the supplier and manufacturer to see what they recommend / would upsell?! That or you'll have to take a shower only in the ensuite and see if that counterbalances the boost effects there. 

• Like 1

Not that this would work for you but (it might for me) in theory would it be possible to have a single room mvhr in a bathroom that could go mad when showering but would not effect the rest  of the house ? 

On 15/11/2017 at 08:23, ProDave said:

What heating is in the en-suite and bedroom?

Both have a towel rail only. Do the job ok unless the mvhr is in boost it seems.

I will try and tweak the thermostats positions so they are more sensitive to the cool air bring drawn in.

Will also contact @bpc ventilation for other ideas