The end is nigh!

Good stuff. You'll be in in no time if our experience is typical as we found an extra burst of energy for the final push. The nearer the finish line gets, the more eager we were to cross it :D

Okay, we still have some cosmetic stuff to finish off, but two weeks on from moving in we finally have a home rather than a 'site', and it feels great.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, recoveringacademic said:

That must be a very satisfying feeling. And managing to do so on top of doing a full time  job is all the more creditable.

Got a house-warming date in mind? (Sorry :$)

Carpets are coming on the 1st of dec, we’ll focus on getting in for Xmas. (I really didn’t say that did I) then a party in the new year! 

Cheers @Nickfromwales it’s quite the piece of kit. I expected it to be heating up the whole utility but it’s practically room temp on the outside of the store. The only leakage is off the pipe work! 

Updates coming thick and fast now. Today’s is the final stair parts going in.. you need to look closely to spot my favourite detail...

CDF24E00-60A9-4BEB-B68E-7ABCAD85DC9E.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2017 at 08:31, Lesgrandepotato said:

, we’ll focus on getting in for Xmas. (I really didn’t say that did I) 

Oh no you didn’t say that did you?? (Or say it a month ago!)

next thing you know you will in Grand Designs style be 6 month late,  100k over budget and your wife will be pregnant with triplets!!!

• Haha 1