Making my own battens

1 hour ago, recoveringacademic said:

Click. 

A's a temporary measure, cover the lot with some 11mm OSB. Just so I can get in-out-of-the-rain, batten some polythene sheeting over it.

That gives me a work room. Build / buy / steal two temporary doors. Fit them and put a whacking great padlock on each. 

Somehow keep Debbie from booking too much space:

Any ideas how to keep a partner  out of your workshed?  Legal, decent ways?

Heaven. 

You might find that 18mm is hardly any more than 11mm.

In which case you get full sarking, and you can probably nearly shuffle around on it.

7 minutes ago, Construction Channel said:

I only put 11mm on mine. Plus I am assuming that Ian has got a pile of 11mm laying around he is looking to use up. 

Mine's also 11mm. It would have been impossible to manhandle the sheets up there if they'd been even heavier. Although I suppose the extra weight would have made me less likely to get blown off the top of the ladder. That was a brown pants moment!

Boys, the 11mm is what I have most of, concrete spats all over the place, 12 mm holes where the threaded bar went through. Need to get the corners sorted (tomorrows job: shutter and pour) and then board out the roof on Friday.  Felt and batten on Saturday. 

Tea and medals Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Crofter said:

[...]  but are we overestimating how hard she is going to try to get in?[....]

It'll start gently. I won't notice it.

Then, she'll then plant an idea of how the storage area (notice it'll have changed from work room to storage room) might be used - that will be reflected back to her as my idea  about two weeks  later. 

Then, provided she doesn't ask me to organise the storage myself, she'll just ' drop some stuff off '

And BAM, that's it. 

She doesn't need to try hard. She just tries smart. It's a real art.