Oh the irony: the annoying irony

31 minutes ago, Onoff said:
I was kidding about the foam!

Mate I just do as I'm told.

At the moment if you suggested I go for a bucket of foam from Screweys I dutifully go and order one.

And as for you @Construction Channel, with any luck Faye will fly your drone into the middle of the Wash and land it there, carefully. And not tell you.

Just now, recoveringacademic said:

Mate I just do as I'm told.

At the moment if you suggested I go for a bucket of foam from Screweys I dutifully go and order one.

And as for you @Construction Channel, with any luck Faye will fly your drone into the middle of the Wash and land it there, carefully. And not tell you.

Iv tried teaching faye to fly it. She gets too scared and soon passes the controller back. I also have the advantage that it will return to where it took off from at a preset altitude at the press of a button. ? you get what you pay for.... and it was bloody expensive. 

Mortar gun works a treat for pumping muck into a chase. Leaves a nice ribbed finish for the plaster to key to. 

Tbh this whole corner block, render & plaster was so live the conduit served to keep it there! Chased with a multitool.

P2230136_zpsd64d035b.thumb.jpg.36ab2336c3e6db6a59baeadd82f938d1.jpg

P2230142_zps1f44f6be.thumb.jpg.dc5fb9a4c7fba07da4ac6d23c4930f9f.jpg

27 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

Oh, the delicious irony.  Just bought one and found I didn't need it.

But I do now.

A bit ott for one short chase in your case but why not! :) Small trowel I'd use.

Just make sure you wash the gun out scrupulously afterwards. 

53 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Yea yea........9_9xD

I will admit to using it on occasion as a quick fix... :ph34r: This was mid kitchen refit and this original switch position is long gone anyway. 

SAM_2738.thumb.jpg.7b331772cb9e06fb4b203c31d0b20289.jpg

Weird breeze blocks in the walls that have huge "hollows" in them. For the 47mm back box here I just pumped in mortar and cheated with curly wurlys! Needs must...

SAM_1510.thumb.jpg.70b588ea75065d19c4f151e2ebaa52e7.jpg

5 hours ago, Construction Channel said:

I was just waiting for someone to suggest lining paper ?

I'm in the process or rewiring an old croft house.  Now it is stripped bare, it has revealed that originally the bedroom walls were only paneled on one side of the framing. On the inside it was wallpapered, with the paper going over the wall framing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

I'm in the process or rewiring an old croft house.  Now it is stripped bare, it has revealed that originally the bedroom walls were only paneled on one side of the framing. On the inside it was wallpapered, with the paper going over the wall framing.

Like a Japanese vibe going on there! :)

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Our first cottage, which was originally just a two up, two down stone built terraced cottage, built in the 1870s, still had the central walls either side of the stairs like this.  There were T&G boards on one side of the studs with the other side left open.  The open side faced the rooms, for some odd reason, and had layer upon layer of black varnish.  I ended up plaster boarding it all over.