Hecateh

@Hecateh, that's why I advised taking a  break and replanning.  Like you we split our plots and got pretty cash strapped before we sold the old farmhouse and moved in.  Once we had, then we had enough cash to sort out a load of jobs, but the trick is to triage: a dust-sheet pinned over a door opening will give privacy and keep out drafts etc... Only make the stuff that is time critical high priority, for now. Don't rush the stuff that you don't need to: less stress and a better chance of getting a good job done.

• Like 1

So on Saturday I finally managed to get the plumbers back in.  This is my 3rd lot of plumbers - being fair I genuinely believed this lot would come back but I've been waiting 6 weeks.  The first 2 weeks I was just waiting as they said they would be back.  For the last 4 weeks they have been breaking promises due to ' unexpected extensive workload'.  They kept telling me it was just a few bits.  I knew it was worse than that.  

So they finally turned up at 4pm on Saturday.  They were originally coming at 10 am and by the time they let me know when they would actually be here I wasn't turning them down.  I was in the middle of cooking a meal for the 5 friends who had moved all my big stuff down, trying to give them information which they didn't believe and answer questions which they were not interested in the answer to.

As far as I was concerned there were 2 main issues

1 The UFH -

* the boiler was not being controlled by the thermostat - it was either on or off; as being switched by me.  

* at least 2 of the underfloor connections were leaking

* loop 1 of 3  on the lower ground - the kitchen area - is not warming up

* loop 2 of 3 on the entry level, the hallway not heating up

2 My ensuite.

* The toilet flush was leaking,

* the hand held shower head was leaking,

* the sink hadn't been installed AND the big one that

* my shower was leaking badly and dripping (pouring) into the kitchen.

Also, there is water under the entry level floor and I don't know where it is coming from, unless it's the leaking UFH pipes.

After their visit

1 The UFH -

* the boiler was not being controlled by the thermostat - it was either on or off; as being switched by me.  THIS IS NOW SORTED AND WORKING. They sorted out an issue previous plumbers left

* at least 2 of the underfloor connections were leaking = sorted - tightened

* loop 1 of 3  on the lower ground - the kitchen area - is not warming up - still the same

* loop 2 of 3 on the entry level, the hallway not heating up - still the same

They tell me it is pumped so 'can't be true'

2 My ensuite.

* The toilet flush was leaking, - lowered the 'ballcock' (or modern equivalent on)  sorted,  (maybe)

* the hand held shower head was leaking, - it still is

* the sink hadn't been installed - it still hasn't

AND the big one that

* my shower was leaking badly and dripping (pouring) into the kitchen. - it still is. 

However - we now now that everything from my ensuite is discharging (almost) straight into the underfloor area of the entry level.

SO - They have said they will come back tomorrow (Christmas Eve) - 'because they can't leave me like this over Christmas!!!!!

FFS I've been telling them for weeks it wasn't a few minor tweaks.  

They kept trying to tell me that the water under the entry level was down to water getting in.  Me telling them that it couldn't be because it was all tanked was ridiculed - because that HAD to be the answer.  Except they have now found otherwise.  

They mean well - and I know they will sort it - as far as the plumbing is concerned.  I am going to have to get someone else in to sort the UFH as they don't have a clue.  BUT they have been the most patronising t***ts that I have dealt with, in terms of not taking on board what I have told them or even following simple request/demands.  (As in don't fix the basin/unit to the wall I want the vinyl to go underneath ... Only used a full tube of CT1 all over the back of the basin.  CT1 that I had bought for a different purpose at that.

AAAaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh    I bloody well hope they do come tomorrow.

• Like 1