Netflix Pi

When I get a spare half hour at night I've been quite impressed with Netflix. 

Currently using a laptop running Ubuntu 16.04 connected to the (non smart) telly.

Thinking to get a Pi 3 and run Ubuntu on that. Can it be configured to boot straight into Netflix when it powers up? As in I just use the TV remote to switch to that HDMI input and Netflix is"there"?

15 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

You can install Kodi on a pi 3 which would open even more possible options.

How so? 

I had Kodi on a couple of pcs (Windoze & 'nix) here but it stopped working. Was running Navi-X on them. Was OK but there was no way I could let the kids on it because of the available content.

With one on the telly I'd like to retain it's (the Pi) functionality as a pc for simple browsing but for it to default to "Netflix" (or Kodi).

Search on YouTube. Loads of videos explaining it all. Navi X ain't one to let the kids at!!

As there has been a crack down recently  Navi x is gone but there are still loads of builds that will have whatever you need

There also videos showing how to install showbox and terrarium TV. Can even put iptv on Kodi now. 

+1 on installing Kodi. I don't know anything about Pi but I know it's possible to install Kodi on it and as @Declan52 says you can install any addon on it using YouTube.

I've installed it on my Sony android TV and have various sports, kids, movies addons etc which I can watch live or on demand.