Will this UVC fit?

jamiehamy

Hi all, 

About to plaster round the the entrances to the plant room and then thought I'd double check the UVC dimensions. The rough opening is 880. This is on the tech spec and the support team are finished for the weekend. 

As you an see, the dimension is to the valve, not the actual radius of the cylinder. I'm too small by 40mm - will that valve be 40mm or do I have to get a smaller cylinder? @Nickfromwales. Any thoughts? 

I had left one stuff loose for the cylinder but we put off buying the cylinder and in between I've fitted the stud and gyproc and ready to plaster. I could go for a smaller cylinder but really want 400l.

Thanks, jamie

Screenshot_20171014-153613.png

@jamiehamy

You've got a good 50mm of immersion or more TBH so should be fine. Tech support should give you the exact so you know in advance that's it's going to fit.

Didnt see the notification for this for some reason sorry.

Have you allowed for getting it back out of it ever fails? 

What warranty are Megaflo offering ?

That thought has crossed my mind Nick - if I needed it out I'd need to remove doors and linings, which isn't perfect. I could go 300litre but it's slightly tall for the space. 

I like long showers and would rather spend more now for a bigger tank (if we had people staying they all could have a shower at the same time)  and the quickest recovery time. I keep going round in blimin circles with this! 

Warranty 2 years, expansion vessel 5.

Ok, Just checking if the slimline 400L is available in 2x 6kw ( dual ) immersion. 

Dimensions are 2100mm ( h ) x 544mm ( dia ). 

2 years warranty on the EV and LIFETIME warranty on the ( all stainless ) UVC ?.

Price for above is in the £1100 range, may be a bit cheaper as that's the price for the HP version ? Just waiting on a reply from Trevor. 

How does the above size suit? 

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Ok, Just checking if the slimline 400L is available in 2x 6kw ( dual ) immersion. 

Dimensions are 2100mm ( h ) x 544mm ( dia ). 

2 years warranty on the EV and LIFETIME warranty on the ( all stainless ) UVC ?.

Price for above is in the £1100 range, may be a bit cheaper as that's the price for the HP version ? Just waiting on a reply from Trevor. 

How does the above size suit? 

I'll need to check tonight but I think 2100 is just too high. I'd need to take a notch out of a joist or remove some plasterboard. 

It was one reason I went to 400L MF... Argh! 

Pic hopefully shows scenario - ceiling is low and sloping so limited room to play with! I've also realised yesterday that the plant room door is a 30inch door, because of height restrictions - once a 400l MF went in its not coming back out. 

Let me check @Nickfromwales. I think either way I need to compromise - I can probably do that by removing and altering some ceiling plasterboard - even better the slimline is 544, might fit between the joists without touching.

By that spec and price seems spot on. Thanks,  Jamie

DSC_2379.JPG

Okay, update. 

@jamiehamy

Telford do the standard sized 400L at 660mm diameter plus immersions ( usually forward facing ) and that would be cheaper than the slimline. They can also do the 2x 6kw AND the 4x 3kw option, but I couldn't remember if you had pv or not ?

For redundancy and longevity is suppose 4x 3kw would be the better option as you could switch from a dead immersion to a live one until the dead one was replaced. 

Just waiting for a call back from Trevor to see what size EV comes with the standard 400 as I'd probably recommend going a good 20% oversized to reduce the stress on the EV. Direct UVC's store at higher temps so better to be safe and have some spare headroom imo. 

Iirc the 500L is the same diameter but taller. Do you want a price on the 500 too?

4x3kw sounds ideal. 1800mm will be fine I know that. Max diameter to get in and out without dismantling anything is 820mm.

Within those dims would be pleased to have a price for 400l and 500l. I'll probably just order now too - might as well! 

Fancy a trip to Scotty land?! :-) 

11 hours ago, PeterW said:

I’ve got a 500 HP and it’s not that tall - they get fatter rather than taller as they get bigger (bit like @Nickfromwales really .... xD)

Your issue may be the EV - 100 litre floor standing one is a bit of a beast ..!!

Ignore him, he's just angry that I upset his ancestors in another thread. :D

@jamiehamy

400 L 

1590mm x 660mm @ £965 inc vat & p+p

500 L

1835mm x 660mm @ £995 inc vat & p+p

Both supplied with :-

4x 3kw immersions. 

Inlet control group at 28mm. 

EV. 

Cylinder dual safety stat. 

T&PRV ( fitted ). 

Tundish.

Injected foam with full metal jacket. 

I wonder which one you'll pick ? and no the second price isn't a typo ?