Tools with legs

ToughButterCup

On 9/29/2017 at 18:41, JSHarris said:

Before Staples closed down here I went in and bought loads of pencils and sharpies in their sale, and have them liberally scattered around all over the place, along with the free tape measures.

My Brother, not well known for his mathematical ability but still wealthier than me has calculated that since the invention of the ball point pen enough have been made to cover the planet in a layer 75mm (3 inches he said) thick but can you find one when you want one. Nope...

On 03/10/2017 at 17:06, curlewhouse said:

[...]

I have a habit of spraying some of my tools with yellow paint - which identifies them as mine, though I do it  really so I can find them as I'm hopeless at putting things down and then wasting 10 minutes hunting for them - so bright yellow helps! 

[...]

Great minds think alike. 

On 03/10/2017 at 17:06, curlewhouse said:

[...]

then roofers apparently fitted the slates by throwing 1000 aluminium nails in the air in the hope 1 falls into a slate hole - or so it appears from  the many hundreds lying around the perimeter of the house now :D (which as they won't rust will pose a hazard forever unless all found).

[...]

Ditto, for us but in our case it was screws. (Taken out of the shuttering) The answer to  the problem is, in part , solved by using a magnet: a faff, but it took me 10 minutes to rescue a box-full of screws (£7:00)

Our Rationell windows came screwed to the pallets with a lot of very good torx head screws, some nice brackets, and some sheets of plywood. All got saved and used, why would you not?

Then my neighbour had his Rationel windows delivered. The screws were just dropped on the ground. I went and fetched my large magnet. (A variation on skip diving I suppose) I can't abide waste.