Best source for Rope / Draw-rope

Ferdinand

Does anyone have a good source for buying rope to put in ducts for future cables etc?

Normally I think this would be the blue polyprolylene stuff in 6mm-10mm

I bought a couple of 20m length x 10mm blue polyprop and 10mm braid rolls from Aldi this w/e at £3.99 each, and thought I would check prices = 20p/m. It is now going back.

The best source I have found is Timko Ropes of Tarlporley, Cheshire, who do 6mm, 8mm and 10mm blue polyprop draw rope for around 5p -> 12p per metre in lengths of 220m, 500m and 2km. Plus postage of £7->£11 if you cannot visit. Surprised at the light weight - 500m of 6mm only weighs 7kg.

So for example 500m of 6mm blue draw rope delivered (not NI, Channel Is, or the Highlands and Islands - sorry) inc VAT is around £38. 220m delivered inc VAT would be around £18.

Any other recommended sources?

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

@JSHarris, apologies, but in attempting to delete what looked like a duplicated post, I seem to have lost your reply to Ferdinand. Not sure what happened - maybe you or another mod were deleting the other post at the same time. Would you mind posting again?

thanks

I can't recall exactly what I wrote, but I think it was just that 6mm polyprop was so cheap that I just bought a 220m reel from the local BM for around £20.  That's been more than enough for all our duct draw ropes, plus the safety rope on our borehole pump, with the odd bit left over.

• Like 1