Toilet Hire in the South

chrisb

Just had an unbeatable quote for site toilet hire from http://www.tlcloohire.co.uk/

They charge £25 each way for delivery and £23/week. Initial hire is 4 weeks. They are not VAT registered, which helps me, but perhaps not everyone.

Selco were the next cheapest I found and they started at £29/week +VAT.

I have ordered a loo and will report on service in due course.

Servicing included.

I have mains services, the house is still habitable, but its easier than having door key issues and boots on my floor.

The interesting thing is that we seem to have ground-nesting wasps in the front lawn, right where the bog will go. I'll soon see on the CCTV if any of the guys makes a rapid exit :-)

• Like 1

We dispensed with the portaloo as soon as we had a water connection and, having now fitted the bathrooms, I have a WC and pedestal basin (with tap) spare if anyone can make use of them and is willing to collect from Southampton area. 

5 hours ago, chrisb said:

Just had an unbeatable quote for site toilet hire from http://www.tlcloohire.co.uk/

They charge £25 each way for delivery and £23/week. Initial hire is 4 weeks. They are not VAT registered, which helps me, but perhaps not everyone.

Selco were the next cheapest I found and they started at £29/week +VAT.

I have ordered a loo and will report on service in due course.

Your better off buying one

i paid £120 

emptied twice in the last ten month

due another on Friday

£30 a time 

i bought a 25 lite of toilet solution 

and added some each week

and hosed out the muddy boot prints each week

probably sell it for the same as I paid when we have finished 

47 minutes ago, nod said:

How many of you on site? During busy times with several people onsite, the portable toilet was reeking after a week. Can't imagine going months without a change!

For £25 a week or whatever it was, I was happy not to have to faff around with buying, selling, and maintaining it. Plenty of other stuff to worry about during that period!

Busiest time there was five of us

could only smell the additive 

As I've already stated I hosed and cleaned it out once a week

Far cleaner than many I've seen

Though I don't think that I would want to sit on a porta loo

i worked on a site for a very large contractor Opened the door of a four cubical toilet van type

A rat ran past me 

I reported it to the site manager

Without looking up He shouted Did you kill it !

A week later there in house HSE

was having a winge about vis vests 

I mentioned the state of the toilet block

He replied I don't get involved with that stuff 

See the site manager

With the exception of city centre sites 

Things are still pretty grim on many sites

• 1 month later...
On 20/09/2017 at 20:26, nod said:
On 20/09/2017 at 14:43, chrisb said:

due course.

Your better off buying one

i paid £120 

due another on Friday

£30 a time 

i bought a 25 lite of toilet solution 

and added some each week

and hosed out the muddy boot prints each week

probably sell it for the same as I paid when we have finished 

+1 although I pay £50 for a service last one was yesterday but before that was - June I think - very thorough and professional. 

Jesus, how many of you are using these things? During the peak of our build (max number of people onsite) in summer, the toilet was utterly dire by the end of each week.

Maybe they don't use much solution in the serviced ones, so it deteriorates faster.

8 minutes ago, jack said:

Jesus, how many of you are using these things? During the peak of our build (max number of people onsite) in summer, the toilet was utterly dire by the end of each week.

Maybe they don't use much solution in the serviced ones, so it deteriorates faster.

Ours too.  I can't imagine what it would have been like without the weekly clean and pump out.  Even then, the hand washing water tank would often run out between weekly services, and I'd have to fill it back up with 25 litre containers ferried 16 miles from our old house, as we had no water on site.

I think service connections early plus a semi-permanent loo, and a creative way of accessing water, are indicated, since we need no water connection later to confound the Council Tax Inspector later :P.

F

Edited by Ferdinand

2 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

I think service connections early plus a semi-permanent loo, and a creative way of accessing water are indicated, since we need no water connection later to confound the Council Tax Inspector later :P.

F

Yep got that ....! We are on next doors connection still .....!