Hello from an unusually sunny Bonnie Scotland!

najem-icf

Hello everyone!

My name is Najem (Naj for short) and I am new around these parts.  I was asked by a client of mine to join the forum as he felt it would benefit the community here.  First, a little intro:

Started out life in Telecoms sales while studying when Orange first surfaced, sold my small company to a bigger fish that went on to sell to Carphonewarehouse.  From there I worked in IT in London and Edinburgh - decided to retrain in architecture and ran my own practice for a while.  Got into construction and that's where I got into ICF...

Assisted a friend of mine who needed his home extended but could not afford the kind of prices builders were quoting.

That was back in 2007 - and I have been involved in ICF builds ever since.  I have used various products and know the ups and downs of them all.  I settled on one in particular and my day to day business now distributes that particular product.

I am very well versed in ICF construction, as well as SIPs, Timber Frame and Masonry.  I have travelled the world to see how building structures is evolving due to our need to become more environmentally efficient, reduce build costs, increase building strength and life expectancy, not to forget creating the "dreams do come true" environment.

Looking forward to engaging in discussions - please note I will do my utmost to be generic - my apologies in advance if I sway one way or the other. I am only human!

Naj :)

• Like 2

Hello and indeed welcome. I used to work in Perth for A +J stephen, house builders...a good outfit. Left them to study architecture, and now admire RobRoy homes from Crieff. I think they are involved in differing stages of self build...anyway good luck with your project B|