Help! Floor being poured tomorrow. Lots of air in UFH loops

oranjeboom

2 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Stop spitting at him and maybe you won't need to keep going back :D

Next time you're that way give me a shout and I'll drop something off for you. Or if they're coming up to you any time.

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

[...]

This one belongs to your builder. Maybe he laid the shat that I've having to deal with here :D

I just cannot fathom out how they couldn't  lay a bloody liquid screed level :S. It levels itself for crying out loud!!!!

My God! Frankly this makes my little fight with some blocks blowing down look minor, really minor.

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Was up West Malling ( Laybourne? ) a while back fitting my B+SiL's bathroom. 

This one belongs to your builder. Maybe he laid the shat that I've having to deal with here :D

I just cannot fathom out how they couldn't  lay a bloody liquid screed level :S. It levels itself for crying out loud!!!!

In my case it was concrete, but he did say it would be level...and at the right level. Some of it's not even concrete strength FFS. Had a flooring guy out to quote me for flooring today he gave me details of a builder who he said could rectify, in case bodgit builder does not come back to rectify.

Alternatively, I will await for @Nickfromwales to visit @Onoff's chiropracter to come and sort this out for me. Seems to me that there are professional's around after all!

4 hours ago, joe90 said:

Small claims court???

Would be argued out all to easily unless a datum was given and signed off by both parties. He's laid a slab and that's enough to get him off the hook. 

@oranjeboom, how's relations with said builder? He still in comms with you about rectification / gravity of the situation and what's needed to put it right ?

59 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Would be argued out all to easily unless a datum was given and signed off by both parties. He's laid a slab and that's enough to get him off the hook. 

Given how incredibly rough the floor is, I suspect @oranjeboom would have a decent chance in court if it came to it.

Of course, it there's anything in writing about the importance of flatness and/or the datum he'd be providing, then the position would be that much stronger. There are standards for screed flatness, but if you don't specify, you'd be left arguing that it's implicit that at least the lowest standard would be met.

All my best guesses based on no real knowledge, as per usual! B|

10 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

@oranjeboom, how's relations with said builder? He still in comms with you about rectification / gravity of the situation and what's needed to put it right ?

Well I clearly indicated the datum to him on site. Nothing in writing about that, but have it documented that I wanted level, flat finished floor.

Not had much success with Small Claims court (have won, but collection of money was never successful due to inability of bailiffs). Hoping I don't have to venture down that road again. 

Not actually spoken to builder about all of this yet. Wanted to get flooring guy out who has agreed it's not a level floor (I think I knew that!), and the BCO is out today so perhaps a bit of extra clout from his side. Not given up all hope on the builder yet, but I know he had a big other job to do right now, so no doubt there will be delays unless he gets someone else to do it.

In the meantime, trying to recreate @Onoff's beach scene:

IMG_20170921_161630.thumb.jpg.995cedd81b80335860037bf4a24e7ce3.jpg

Edited by oranjeboom

1 hour ago, oranjeboom said:

Well I clearly indicated the datum to him on site. Nothing in writing about that, but have it documented that I wanted level, flat finished floor.

Not had much success with Small Claims court (have won, but collection of money was never successful due to inability of bailiffs). Hoping I don't have to venture down that road again. 

Not actually spoken to builder about all of this yet. Wanted to get flooring guy out who has agreed it's not a level floor (I think I knew that!), and the BCO is out today so perhaps a bit of extra clout from his side. Not given up all hope on the builder yet, but I know he had a big other job to do right now, so no doubt there will be delays unless he gets someone else to do it.

In the meantime, trying to recreate @Onoff's beach scene:

IMG_20170921_161630.thumb.jpg.995cedd81b80335860037bf4a24e7ce3.jpg

Just tell him either he does it in line with your program or you'll give him the bill for someone else to do it. 

Do you owe him any monies ?

On 9/22/2017 at 08:36, Onoff said:

The work and care you put in running those UFH pipes and for this to happen! :(

Any chance a scabbler would help?

http://www.mark1hire.co.uk/shop/floor-planers/

Yes, something like that should hopefully do the job. Just need to see when @Nickfromwales is going to be down this way!!:P

On 9/22/2017 at 09:15, Nickfromwales said:

Just tell him either he does it in line with your program or you'll give him the bill for someone else to do it. 

Do you owe him any monies ?

BCO came round yesterday and TBH was non-committal about the crappy area of concrete "as long as it supports you....dust has a compressive value...."O.o. Don't think he understood the issue at hand and the fact that the floor will expand/contract with the UFH. 

In any case, I managed to scrape away at the crap concrete down to about 20mm and at that point I seem to be down to real concrete again, so hopefully down at this depth it's structural.

Spoke to builder yesterday and he's coming to have a look at it all next week and then is scheduled to come back in 2 weeks time with a scrabbler machine to hopefully take down 20mm in those areas that need it.

Had another flooring guy out this morning and he was shocked at the slab. Said he needed it sorting before he started...yeah, don't state the obvious pls!! Said he could work with a tolerance of 5mm/2m, so that's gonna keep my builder busy and dusty.

• 6 months later...

I know that what i am going to say is not much use to you now but we had a thirty sqare meter kitchen wet underfloor heated  and then screeded with a fast cure screed called retinol extreme.curing 3-5 days dependant on weather etc roth was the heating manufacturer  all pressure tested and ready to go after curing same company laid the uf heating total cost £3156.00 and since our total wally builder could not be trusted as per your photos we thought this company charging the three grand was ok  . Fantastic job floor comletely level fast efficient and clean workers   , company baised poole dorset called superscreed not sure how far they will travel  but have now done our little en-suite to .

• Like 1