Vinyl, linoleum what to choose?

joe90

Hi Guys,  for various reasons we have chosen not to have tiled bathroom floors and want " Lino" for longevity and green reasons but on looking at a site that sells linoleum I came across-:

" However, it is important to note that linoleum typically requires more maintenance. It should only be dry-mopped or cleaned with minimal water."

this does not bode well for bathrooms !!!, anyone got any experience on this matter.

P.S. one of the bathrooms is having low power electric UFH.

We looked at Marmoleum as this seems to be the real deal (i.e. linseed based) rather than some of the cheaper and flimsy products claiming to be lino. It looks very durable and should be fine with wet cleaning. In the end the lack of a colour we liked meant we used Amtico in our bathrooms and plant room.

I agree with the warmer underfoot comment. Tiles tend to be unpleasant in that respect.

• 2 weeks later...

well we (her) chose Kardean and the guy said it didnt matter where we bought it, all prices were pegged, HA, just went on line to Floorbay.co.uk and got it for half the price and as it was a newbuild he didnt charge VAT, so saved me claiming it back, being delivered in a few days (even delivery was free). thanks for all your help. Next topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!