How to terminate soil pipes prior to concrete pour

Pete

Pouring slab soon and how have people terminated their soil pipes pre pour? Trying to make power floating easier so do not want loads of pipes sticking up but also may want to make connection for toilets etc at low level. Have people just put on a coupling with temporary socket on the end of the pipe or something more elaborate? TIA 

I am trying to remove as many obstacles so that when the power floating is done it is not trying to avoid pipes sticking out of the slab and thus will not be able to get to all areas. If I cut them off flush with the proposed ffl I need to be able to seal them off for the pour and then would like to be able to adjust the height for any future couplings. I think it is either a case of terminating the pipe in a coupling and fitting a pipe closer that I can remove or boxing round the pipe to enable power float to pass over and give me the ability to adjust the coupling height once I start to do the interior soil stack.

Terminate the pipe about 35mm below the slab FFL. Wrap it in DPM, and duct tape that on. The get some 25mm EPS and stick it to the top and sides of the DPM - it may look ugly..... Wrap this in either plastic or cling film.

Mark the datums carefully....

When you pour, the EPS will support the concrete enough to allow you to powerfloat over the top. When its gone green, remark the pipe centres from the previous datums and then go for a pint...

When its gone off more, a sharp tap with a hammer will crack the concrete over the EPS. Clear the concrete off carefully, then break out the EPS from around the pipe. When you've put your connectors on and sorted the soil stacks, fill the gaps around the pipes with concrete.

Job done..

• Like 1

Have a look through the posting history. I for one did a thread on this. It's a lot bf better if you terminate in a female socket.

Also don't forget any services ducting. We used a couple of 110 drain pipes for this coming up into the services cupboard. But remember to use slow bend or better a 45° to come up into the slab - a lot easier to pull stiff pipes and cables.