Deathwish or what?

IMG-20170904-WA0000.thumb.jpg.baa5c067021bee7d1c680cb9a4a571c5.jpg

A picture of our neighbouring house.  Yes, that's an old-fashion unshielded copper connection, two phases for both halves of the semi.  The guy was reaching through the live 240V copper lines to paint the wall behind.  I think that this is just crazy, but what's the correct / moral response here?  OK, I am standing by with my CPR, but if I threaten to report him, I will piss my neighbour off.  She and the painter have obviously agreed to take this risk.   If I suggest that he at least sheaths the lines with polythene or some other insulator, then I become a party to this madness.

What would you do in this circumstance?

The back-story is that I'd agreed to do some work in her garden as a sweetener for the inconvenience of our building the new house adjacent to her property.  I initially suggested a £5K for her to spend as she wished (to avoid arguments), but she felt this was too much.  However as time on this sort of became open ended, and I estimated that including all of my time the bill had racked up to just under £10K (though this included a shared new fence which was to common benefit).  But she then added painting this wall to her wish list and I said that I had done enough -- and I certainly didn't want to get into paying for the supplier to replace the house supply with a modern shielded one.