kitchen island extraction

stepheni

We went with a downdraft, recirculation unit from Elica. Very powerful, but a conversation stopper on full chat. Thankfully you seldom need to run it on full speed. 

Exhausts through the kick board under the hob unit, which isn't noticeable. 

Added bonus is it puts a physical barrier between the young family at the breakfast bar and any hot pans on the hob. 

IMG_20170903_164806.thumb.jpg.e476941dae8dd189f2045165f3380b96.jpg

IMG_20170903_164740.thumb.jpg.50c8309dc68f59ed57955a6609a6f30b.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

I love those oak(?) face units. The grain pattern even matches across the island. V.smart! 

Was it a custom build? 

The wood is Olive Ash, which does have very similar tones to Oak. The book matched grain is very clever. We have two runs that are around 3.5m each and the grain matches from one end to the other.  It was made in a local workshop, who after 30+ years of trading sadly went insolvent just before my install.

Just now, IanR said:

The wood is Olive Ash, which does have very similar tones to Oak. The book matched grain is very clever. We have two runs that are around 3.5m each and the grain matches from one end to the other.  It was made in a local workshop, who after 30+ years of trading sadly went insolvent just before my install.

Thats a real shame, clearly talented. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IanR said:

That is sad - clearly very good at the artisan type of work.

Why do you think they went through?

Edited by Ferdinand

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

Why do you think they went through?

I believe that while they had a profitable domestic side, they'd struggled with cash flow for a while on the trade side. But they needed the volumes from the trade side to support the workshops. 

I'd posted the following at the time:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IanR said:

I believe that while they had a profitable domestic side, they'd struggled with cash flow for a while on the trade side. But they needed the volumes from the trade side to support the workshops. 

I'd posted the following at the time:

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
On 03/09/2017 at 12:31, Alphonsox said:

Your pricing is well off - our Bora Basic was just under £2k for the recirculating induction hob version ( BIU version). This is in the same ball park as a decent induction hob and quality ceiling mount extractor. 

We have a two unit deep by three unit wide island with a 10 cm gap between the two rows of units into which the Bora fan exits. The exhaust then returns to the kitchen at floor level via a 10mm gap above the kick boards.

IMG_0001.JPG

Can you tell me where you bought your Bora from please as we were quoted £3200 for the Basic in June?

Guest Alphonsox
11 hours ago, ultramods said:

Can you tell me where you bought your Bora from please as we were quoted £3200 for the Basic in June?

We ordered ours at the Belfast Self Build Show at a "Special show price". The supplying company were

Woodvale Interiors

Campsie Industrial Estate, McLean Rd, Eglinton, Londonderry BT47 3XX

028 7181 0005

I cant find a link to a website for them so you'll probably need to phone.