Pipesnug - maybe help with air tightness?

Vijay

7 minutes ago, Vijay said:

Just saw this on a link and thought I'd post it, could help with air tightness for waste pipes through walls? http://pipesnug.co.uk/

Can't see how it would be airtight but it would cut losses down a bit. Maybe copious silicon as you push it in.

Are you getting a bung off the makers for posting this link? :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Are you getting a bung off the makers for posting this link? :ph34r:

Thats bad .... even for you ..!!

I think this is a product looking for a problem - done properly it's easy to core in the right place and finish with a silicone fillet. This looks like it needs a much bigger hole and although it's neat, I can't see how it makes the "savings" they advertise 

3 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

A lot of the time I've done the inside stuff first so would have to put that on as I'm gluing the elbow on outside. 

Fack that. Foam the inside gap, coloured frame sealant on the outside. Silicone is the last option if I've nowt else on board. 

I'm anticipating my 50mm solvent weld elbows having to go inside the wall a bit so the wall brackets reach. I assume that's normal?

Same as when I put my 110mm branch in for the WCs. Doesn't help that my render aside from being like granite is rougher than a badgers arse and has been done using the "chip pan" method. Seriously.....I found the chip pan when I dug the path up and it matches the render pattern.

• Like 1

Chip pan method? o.O  

With the pipes secured from inside ( foam / other ) you then use your hacksaw on its 45o setting and chop the pipe off near flush to the wall. Get an off cut of pipe, around 1000mm, and put a clip on each end. That'll act as a parallel guide to show you exactly where the outside run intersects with the bit sticking out of the wall, and mark your cut accordingly. 

Youll have to use an elbow not a bend, as you can't cut back enough for a bend, plus the radius will catch the render even more requiring more cutting out and making good. 

The render on mine is like kryptonite. Virgin guy was just watching nail clips whizz past his head for half hour before realising it's time for the tapcon bit and some yellow nail-plugs. :D. The youth of today. 

41 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Chip pan method? o.O  

They appear to have applied wet render then pressed a chip pan into it to get a pattern! 

When my Lotto comes up I'll have all the paint blasted off and re-render it smooth...then EWI :)