Power Float Finishes

Triassic

The demolition is nearly completeIMG_0290.thumb.JPG.b4014429bab56b149917cc17f4cfaa75.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

I've arranged for our local 'man and machine' to bring his 12 tonne machine to dig out the basement, the garden on the far side drops away quickly, so we'lll have a walk in basement where the old house stood.

I've been listening to Charlie Luxton's videos of his foundation build and he mentioned 'power floating', they were using a long boom, with a broad flat float on the end. I'd always thought power floating was done using a petrol driven rotary machine with four floats, on each of four legs under the machine. I'm left wondering which method is best? What did you use and why?

Edited by Triassic
Typo

The bull float, long handle job, just gets it flat, after tamping / pokering before power floating. On our small garden room slab we used the bull float and then after a period of drying (2-3 hours) the power float was used. As it was a small area the power float was a single propeller & handle job rather than a ride on as you describe. It worked very well although making sure it was dry enough is clearly part of the art of power floating.

• Like 1