I chickened out......until

Stick it on with pigeon s--t then cover with sikaflx use your finger to shape the sikaflex so it looks like a weld, 

and bobs your mothers brother. 

As long as you don't have to take it for an mot.  

Will be fine. 

Tbh if the whole of the roof is a bit iffy why not lay a few lengths of timber across and sheet it with galvanised sheets, you could find one patch could be the first of many. 

Sod it. Found another leak in the container today.

@Ferdinand came round on a visit : looked at the container and talked soft, soothing things - like

" It's perfect for ventilation"

He may have a point.

So I went off and practised welding the phrase:

"I am a Welding God" on some spare bits of angle iron. And got some super-heated spatter stuck between my boot and my foot for my trouble.

This Darth Vader swore loudly.

People walking past were treated to the view of me sitting on the edge of the container  welding, both feet dangling over the edge: one foot with a boot on, the other bare with a stonking blister on my sole. I couldn't see their reaction in any great detail. But they'll be talking about it in Forton for years to come.

If the whole top of the container is shot, then you could just take the easy way out; wire brush the worst of the rust off and give the whole top of the container a layer of fibreglass.  Pretty quick to do, will last a long time and will be waterproof.  Probably a lot quicker than faffing about trying to patch up lots of holes.

• Like 4

Did not know you needed a container Ian as I have one that I have just emptied after the garage was finished. It is 20ft x 8ft and does not leak!! Does anybody else need a container or will just put it on fleabay.

On 26 August 2017 at 21:39, Pete said:

Did not know you needed a container Ian as I have one that I have just emptied after the garage was finished. It is 20ft x 8ft and does not leak!! Does anybody else need a container or will just put it on fleabay.

Don't forget we have a 'marketplace' section here ;)

http://forum.buildhub.org.uk/ipb/forum/47-market-place/

24 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

God, don't encourage her lads..............

You've got a digger too. Half in, half out, steps down to the store compartment.........wait........store compartment? Didn't I mean to say "Mini-bar / DJ booth". :D

I want one. ?

31 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You've got a digger too. Half in, half out, steps down to the store compartment.........wait........store compartment? Didn't I mean to say "Mini-bar / DJ booth". :D

I want one. ?

Hang on ... it's got holes in it ... 

why not just No-Nails some thick Perspex over the holes under water and have them as viewing windows ..!

Just no naked swimming please @recoveringacademic....

50 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

What, my weder can cut tooooooooooooooo? How? When? How much? Honest? No, I mean really.......

Search for "carbon arc rods / cutting."  Like messy plasma cutting.

Why not get a bigger one and just put the leaky one inside a non-leaky one?

Or wrap the whole thing in a huge tarpaulin' scrunched at the top like a goody bag.

Or a fold down side and sell fast food on the roadside?

Or...

Edited by Ferdinand