UFH floor finish

stepheni

This is picture of my floor to ceiling window where it meets the floor.  I am about to lay the insulation boards for below the ufh(example board cut in photo) but I am unsure how to finish off this area from the floor across to the window.  Should I just leave as is per photo and just run the concrete screed straight across from here to meet the cavity insulation board?  Alternatively do I knock that last course of brick out and run the insulation right through to meet the cavity insulation therefore all ufh within the insulation.

Also I am using paper backed insulation boards rather than foil with a standard concrete screed.  Do I need to a plastic sheet over the top of this prior to screed going down or tape the joins?

thanks

Stephen

WIN_20170820_082136.JPG

I remove that course of bricks on my jobs. I then just add another 25mm of edge insulation and run the floor insulation and screed right in. You may have to rebate the underside of the insulation to clear an step that removing the bricks creates, but the most important thing to observe here is NOT having offcuts of insulation here. This really needs to be one solid piece and then your guaranteed not to get any cracking issues where you bridge the cavity. 

Ensure that the vertical DPM detail is fully intact and your good to go. 

• Like 1

Cheer Nick I have done just that worked out great.

one follow on query is regarding the area around the bifolds.  I take it I just have to run the screed right up to the door as I obviously can't knock out the blocks the doors are sitting on.  My plan was to run 25mm insulation around the perimeter as insulated plasterboard will sit over this and place the thin blue explansion foam in front of the 25mm insulation.  In front of the doors all I can really do is run the thin blue explansion strip between the screed and the doors.  Is that correct? 

WIN_20170820_114949.JPG

WIN_20170820_114956.JPG