Down the big long lane...

dpmiller

Has all this time passed since I updated last? Wow.  The plasterers were back, and we have now only the two small bedrooms and the entrance hallway left to do.

Utility is habitable

DSC_2130.thumb.JPG.07b6656846b8024784e97bfd7e3e369a.JPG

Ensuite near complete bar some tiles round the window, The other two bathrooms are useable but not quite as complete

DSC_2208.thumb.JPG.02443d1aac92f85a5732b94e6a480756.JPG

Cooker hood in, and subsequently a couple of units thrown into the kitchen too, just temporary mind. The hood was a mare to install, it's a heavy old bus and not being able to lift by the glass made it "awkward". Impressive airflow from it however so I'm chuffed on the whole. I'm hoping to test it at Christmas as we would like to have the festive meal down here. But that may or not happen as I'm at the whim of hauliers (yay brexit!) getting my range cooker over here in a timely fashion and in one piece...

DSC_2333.thumb.JPG.e269d89abb486a50b4abf19cb60334a6.JPG

And yesterday got the slab poured for the forthcoming shed.

DSC_2356.thumb.JPG.3dee9ad2bede2790c280ebf08f3e7871.JPG

Now, energy numbers stuff. Sure I've has the ASHP in since Feb or so but it's only in the past six weeks or so that it's been working for it's money.

UFH is currently a big single zone with the control stat in the entrance hall at the mo, the rads in the two big bedrooms upstairs together with the towel rails, have their own control.

Heating flow is 32C, DHW tank is 48C, and the tank sensor is about 3/5 down the 270l tank

According to Jeremy's heat loss calculator monthly heat energy requirement is somewhere between 1250 and 1700kWh depending on the ambient temp.

Total metered electric consumption for the past 30days is 600kWh

Daily consumption by the ASHP according to the meter I've put on the supply is between 17 and 25kWh, the average appears to be about 22kWh which matches pretty well.

So I'm pretty happy with that. COP looks acceptable, but I might be able to improve matters slightly still by altering the flow at the UFH mixer as the delta across the ASHP tends to be a wee bit higher than I want and I can happily slow down the floor response a bit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sitrep.

Cooker *did* arrive, operation festive food was a success. 

Still waiting for the shed

More tiling done.

Now... interesting stat time. Current abode is about 700sqft and not incredibly hard to heat in my experience. I put 500l of oil in the tank at the start of December and looking at the tank I'll be ordering oil again next week. While the previous purchase was about £260 it'll now be about £320 for the same quantity

In comparison, I got the quarterly electric bill for the new place last week- £340, or 1860kWh. For 2700sqft...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NI Building Control Query - Recently finished my house got the last drawdown from mortgage using Completion certificate from Architect. 

Can I ask what is the incentive for me to get BC completion cert now?  I've a few items to complete for BC and money is running dry so is there any rush getting them done? 

1 hour ago, Homer92 said:

NI Building Control Query - Recently finished my house got the last drawdown from mortgage using Completion certificate from Architect. 

Can I ask what is the incentive for me to get BC completion cert now?  I've a few items to complete for BC and money is running dry so is there any rush getting them done? 

You'll need it for a residential mortgage and home insurance. (Or so I've been assuming!!) Or did you do the work with a residential rather than self build mortgage. Also need the BC cert for selling the house.

Edited by Conor

2 hours ago, Conor said:

You'll need it for a residential mortgage and home insurance. (Or so I've been assuming!!) Or did you do the work with a residential rather than self build mortgage. Also need the BC cert for selling the house.

Done it with Progressive on a self build mortgage, but got on a residential rate with Progressive when Architect issued completion cert. Will never be selling house - so I guess there's no real panic to get it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once you get the completion cert the clock starts ticking with the vat reclaim so think about any thing else that you might need and if the funds allow buy it. Plus once that cert is in then the  local friendly rates person will be paying you a visit. So make sure what ever needs done makes the house uninhabitable. No water supply, no kitchen or bathroom etc.

1 hour ago, Homer92 said:

Done it with Progressive on a self build mortgage, but got on a residential rate with Progressive when Architect issued completion cert. Will never be selling house - so I guess there's no real panic to get it. 

You've made my day with this, I've just started my build with a progressive self build mortgage and was wondering about if they'd accept the Architects cert,  my "Architect" would be alot more sympathetic than BC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...