Down the big long lane...

dpmiller

you need a brave thickness of it I think tho?

Well we've a floor. It's solid enough to walk on, hot enough to get the whole house to 17c,  and there's water p*ssing down all the windows and doors...

@SteamyTea wanna have a go at how much energy 10m3 of gypsum has goiing spare as it cures?

DSC_1630.thumb.JPG.a0046534a6fbaaba1143bcf9c966ef74.JPG

36 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

you need a brave thickness of it I think tho?

Well we've a floor. It's solid enough to walk on, hot enough to get the whole house to 17c,  and there's water p*ssing down all the windows and doors...

@SteamyTea wanna have a go at how much energy 10m3 of gypsum has goiing spare as it cures?

DSC_1630.thumb.JPG.a0046534a6fbaaba1143bcf9c966ef74.JPG

Why did you not plaster it first. Most plasterers don't like bending down that far and you end up with a tiny curve at the bottom of wall. 

Not sure how deep you need it, just seen it pop up on a Facebook page. Looks like some kind of bead and a setting agent to make it rock hard.

• 4 weeks later...

So that's the screed drying out nicely now. After the first week of instructed "no heat" I ran the Willis on a 15min every hour cycle for a fortnight. Then on a whim and cost be damned, I put it on continuous for a couple of days. Result is that I'm pleased to see that the heat calculations are confirmed and the house's heat requirements are indeed low.

3kW heater on continuous for 52hrs total, mean ambient temp of about 3c over the duration,  raised the slab return temp from 11 to 17c and still rising- and brought room temp from 10c to 15c

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

going a touch off-piste for that-

https://coolenergyshop.com/collections/inverter-heat-pump/products/cool-energy-invertech-ivt9-air-source-heat-pump-ce-ivt9

the full suite of Carel control gear rather than the normal Chinesium-looking fayre swung it fo me.

I'm looking at them for a heatpump/buffer/cylinder etc. Interesting to hear how you get on with it.

the TF guys did the walls and round the openings, I did all the ceilings and slopes...

OK so I'm doing something a wee bit odd for the CH/DHW. I'm using a 270l manual-fill thermalstore, direct to the boiler stove and indirect to the ASHP etc. Makes the boiler stove a useful member of society and means I can heat the whole house during a power failure just by running a couple of CH pumps. And yes, outages aren't that unusual round here apparently. Also means I can use the bottom quarter of the tank as a buffer.

fitting is easy, especially if you don't need to extend the 5m pre-wired sensors and controller.

I did run into one slight problem, the inverter has shown the RCD out at the meter box to be dodgy. it's a 100mA type-S but was tripping out when the compressor was started. I rechecked it with the multifunction tester and while the circuit's RCBO is tripping correctly at 30mA and holding in fine, the type-S is going at under 80mA so something aint right with it. I've linked it out for now...

Software seems simple enough, there are a couple of fan and pump modes I want clarification about, and I didn't have any hassle getting into the hidden installer menu.

Performance? So far...

4c ambient yesterday, thermal store raised from under 30c to 55c in about an hour and a half,  which confirms it's 7kW+ in these conditions. I've left it on overnight at a setpoint of 26c for the slab, and my chinesium wifi stat is telling me that the hall is now at 14c and rising, from the 9c it started off at yesterday

1 hour ago, dpmiller said:

fitting is easy, especially if you don't need to extend the 5m pre-wired sensors and controller.

I did run into one slight problem, the inverter has shown the RCD out at the meter box to be dodgy. it's a 100mA type-S but was tripping out when the compressor was started. I rechecked it with the multifunction tester and while the circuit's RCBO is tripping correctly at 30mA and holding in fine, the type-S is going at under 80mA so something aint right with it. I've linked it out for now...

Software seems simple enough, there are a couple of fan and pump modes I want clarification about, and I didn't have any hassle getting into the hidden installer menu.

Performance? So far...

4c ambient yesterday, thermal store raised from under 30c to 55c in about an hour and a half,  which confirms it's 7kW+ in these conditions. I've left it on overnight at a setpoint of 26c for the slab, and my chinesium wifi stat is telling me that the hall is now at 14c and rising, from the 9c it started off at yesterday

What size is the thermal store??

Any pics of where is sitting and the connections to and from it.