Down the big long lane...

dpmiller

Actually, I've been told that the stone that broke out might well be marketable as it's splitting so nicely...

Anyways. BCO arrived late yesterday and was happy with the trenches, Terry the blockman set levels (three courses of block to the subfloor), and Paul dropped in the mesh and carried out the pour today. Four loads later and it's done. Disappeared the last of the poorly Ash trees along the fenceline too.DSC_0235.thumb.JPG.ed2600ec5251b45796f4853ea3733437.JPG

So blocks are arriving Tuesday and Terry can get up to ground level.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ryan85 said:

Nice wide workable founds for the Blockies

Yes indeed. Blocks arrived first thing and there was no problem craning them where required either.  Corners set yesterday and two tubs delivered about a half-hour ago so after a short teabreak the two Terrys were gonna get stuck in.

• 2 weeks later...

State of play:

waiting for fabricators to re-open after the silly season so we can get some steels.

received letter from BCO with laundry list of queries. I'll not bother itemising them here, most relate to IHP referencing RoI documents rather than our Technical Booklets, some require relabelling of detail drawings, and some are answered in the SAP document but not explicitly on the drawings.

Oh and we need to show infrastructure for high-speed internet. Uh, yup.

The only substantive issue is with chimney height and that can be dealt with by removing the fancy architect-y cast bit on top and just going with pots.

So I've spent a few days getting to know the oily bits of new toy DSC_0252.thumb.JPG.6be218668ff12721642bff0ea6ed622b.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

So finally progress, the steel posts arrived this evening. Need to get'em in and thunderbolted into place and then onwards to subfloor level.

got the loan of a CAT last weekend and was able to map the actual positions of the water and phone lines- straight along the middle of the lane, not along the side of the field as I was told. Ho-hum.

Oh, and I acquired a hydraulic breaker for the Takeuchi. I *think* it's a JCB HM100Q with the hat modified for Tak/Kubota bit it works, the steel's not in bad nick and it fits so that'll do nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Sitrep. Rain has been stopping play somewhat recently, but the steels are in, Quinnlites are here, and the guys are getting things filled in  ready to blind and then put the radon barrier over. BCO and blockman have a plan for levels vs DPCs etc from here up and it'll all work out nicely by the looks of it.

DSC_0299.thumb.JPG.a68e13ed50c1d5186be3ec270ce110de.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Now we're cooking. Subfloor poured today, so one row of quinnlites on their edge and we're at FFL. Provisionally looking at 3rd wek of October for the kit to arrive, scaffolder is booked on standby today, it's all moving on now.DSC_0326.thumb.JPG.8fefccdb6f6f01666ddfaee01392b065.JPG

• Like 6

Baseworks... complete.

Treatment plant... in.

And...relax.

/mutter mutter didn't get piccys of the hole in the ground and the big seam of bluestone, that little breaker had to make it's way through. Popped a hose on Thursday but did the business.

3 hours ago, vfrdave said:

Hope you didnt get covered in hydraulic oil, hate that stuff.

Thankfully not.  Hose was a pain to change though as the breaker is a JCB Quiet unit and the whole casing needs opening to get to the unions. Thankfully the throughbolts weren't *too* tight.

• 2 weeks later...

Good question. Design isn't finalised yet so as much as I know the walls will go up quickly and the upstairs floors will be in cassette form, the roof structure is as yet undecided. The central portion of the roof will definetely be cut, but the L&R "wings" could be either cut or top-hat trusses.

For now I'm presuming a couple of weeks which ties in well with the 6-8 weeks lead time on the UPVC windows.

I'll know more when the final drawings arrive (which must mean it's time to pay some more soon...) and when Kieran visits site to inspect access etc.