Access/inspection chambers

Vijay

Just wondered what size you guys have used for access/inspection chambers. I will have 2 (yellow dots) that run into the 2 manifolds (red dots) and planned to use 300 or 320mm mini access ones. I went and looked at some today and I couldn't help thinking it would be pretty tight getting drain rods down them once the risers are on. Would I have any issues using mini access chambers?

Cheers

Vijay

Drainage plan.jpg

One of your chambers seems to have 2 outlets to to connections to the main run.  Choose one or the other.  If the invert is more than 600mm you may as well use a larger chamber.  They are cheap if you shop around.

You also seem to have a run under the corner of the building

Edited by Mr Punter
more info

53 minutes ago, Vijay said:

Anyone had problems rodding in a 300mm IC?

Depends how deep the invert level is.  The deeper the invert the harder it is to rod from a small chamber.

You can get very flexible roll-up type "rods" that will bend around  enough to get in through a small opening, but the only time I used one I found that I couldn't push hard enough on it to clear the blockage, and ended up getting DynoRod in (a whole other story - suffice to say they were a shambles..........).

Spoke to a drainage supplier who reckons 300 MIC's will be fine as long you as say JSHarris, the inverts or not more than they are designed for. I'm going to have rod access at the other ends so hopefully have it convered :)