mixing mvhr units

has anybody mixed different mvhr units together. I have bought a (new) polypipe hr03l on the cheap hoping I could get more unfortunately I cant get any more. I would be adding another very similar sized unit approx. 486m3/h.  Should I cut my losses (if any) and buy two same spec/size machines?

I can't see that it will make any difference at all, apart from, perhaps, the way the control systems work/interact. Whether you need the control systems to work together depends very much on the layout, for example do you need both units to boost at the same time in response to a boost switch/button/sensor?  Also, if you can have a common control for both in terms of setting fan speeds, summer bypass etc it can be useful, as it would save having two have duplicate controls, but again, some of the simpler units use much the same control interface so it should be possible to get two of any make to work OK together.

In terms of commissioning it makes no difference at all.  even with two of the same type you'd still have to cope with the pressure interactions that make it a bit of an iterative process.

How much floor space / wet rooms etc are you looking at..?

You may find one bigger commercial unit is quicker and cheaper especially as the Mitsubishi units come up regularly on ebay for very low prices.

I will end up with a "standard" running value that is about 80% of boost (on paper) purely down to the inability for the Mitsubishi units to tune the fan speeds.

I did a quick calculation though - it will use about £60 more electricity over a year so over 15 years will offset the cost.... or basically it's going in as it was £56..!

It's actually two projects my parents and myself. My parents is approx 500m2 with 3 possibly 4 wet rooms.  I liked the idea of boost with smaller machines ie one wetroom called for boost it didn't boost the whole house.  The machine as a guide would be good for approx 275m2.  I think I got ripped off compared to you.... I was £140 on fleeBay.