DPC Levels

DNA

Hi Everyone,

Been absent for a bit working on something else so build has been a bit slow - back on the case now though so we are off again! However, we have had to go to 225mm floor beams due to spans / springing etc which apart from cost brings a couple more headaches.

One of those is setting the DPC levels. Weve run some brick around the outside which is OK but to keep the DPC at 150mm above outside level we either:

Option 1 - have to cut 100's of thermal block down to 150mm for the internal skin and internal walls... what a waste of time or

Option2 - set the DPC at 225mm - ie one whole thermal block - no cutting just get on with it. Insulation and screed are 140mm +60mm +15mm tiles - so should be ok

Anybody see a problem with this - I'm sure the DPC above path is a minimum of 150mm to prevent rain splashing only

Thanks guys

• Like 1

Hi Peter I thought that would have been the obvious way to go and couldn't really see anything wrong with it - though I've also started to relax about the external DPC now at 225mm as well - if its only a rain issue.

To be honest I'd be amazed if we have damp issues as we have a DPC beneath the beams and also a tray from the top of the beams down again to the outside leaf and then another pair of DPC's now potentially going in above that at 225mm. Hopefully BC offier wont have an issue though.