Seen people on the beach that are wider!

SteamyTea

I like it - quirky and makes use of the space quite well. We are used to larger old houses in the UK, but in cities like Barcelona and Madrid a small new apartment is the norm.

Would I live in it? No way  could I afford it, and even if I could doubt I would like to live on a busy road like this...

That's not especially small. My first house 1 bedroom starter home rabbit hutch, was only 12ft wide. They build a whole estate nearly 100 houses like that. The 2 bedroom ones were just as narrow, just a bit deeper.

But on a practical note. Looking at the picture, the left hand property appears to have windows overlooking the alleyway. Can you just block up someone's windows without their permission?

I like the split level layout that in effect makes the whole middle of the house a stairwell.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ProDave said:

But on a practical note. Looking at the picture, the left hand property appears to have windows overlooking the alleyway. Can you just block up someone's windows without their permission?

The ground level expands out to the back but doesn't impact the windows above. The windows at the front side are bricked up, the windows further back are not going to be impacted by the building so won't be bricked up. However, the light etc. to those windows will certainly be impacted.

Edited by craig

On 10/08/2017 at 17:00, craig said:

The ground level expands out to the back but doesn't impact the windows above. The windows at the front side are bricked up, the windows further back are not going to be impacted by the building so won't be bricked up. However, the light etc. to those windows will certainly be impacted.

I think they are false windows. A common trick in London.

F

Edited by Ferdinand