Cement

addz307

4 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Create one ... use Word or Publisher to create a business card and comp slip, print it out and then take a photo of it ...

B.Odgett & Sons.... General Builders...

Must be related to my window supplier....."B.Odgett & Leggit" :D

So do you 

26 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Create one ... use Word or Publisher to create a business card and comp slip, print it out and then take a photo of it ...

B.Odgett & Sons.... General Builders...

Do you think it would work at other trade places 

2 minutes ago, addz307 said:

So do you 

Do you think it would work at other trade places 

A handfull of invoices from a few trade suppliers normally does the trick. As a self builder that's normally not that hard to find. 

When I wanted a trade card for a tile merchant I just showed a pile of Jewsons pink invoices and they said "OK fine".

7 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

A handfull of invoices from a few trade suppliers normally does the trick. As a self builder that's normally not that hard to find. 

When I wanted a trade card for a tile merchant I just showed a pile of Jewsons pink invoices and they said "OK fine".

So I set up my Howdens account with just a driving licence, my bank details and a hard hat ... rep walked onto site, joiner referred to me as "the boss" and I got my freebies and a £3k credit limit in less than 24 hours .....

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

So I set up my Howdens account with just a driving licence, my bank details and a hard hat ... rep walked onto site, joiner referred to me as "the boss" and I got my freebies and a £3k credit limit in less than 24 hours .....

I didn't even have the hard hat..just looked a bit scruffy.

Only challenge is the small talk every time I went in 'How's business? Much on?' etc... always felt a bit of a fraud.

• Like 1