Hole Saws - Don't Buy!

Onoff

Ref my OP:

After contacting the seller thru eBay they came back and reiterated that the hole saws should cut 44mm deep etc. I went into one a bit and said their ad was misleading, there was nothing DEEP about the things, that they were saying they were their own brand when they were in fact Silverline. Furthermore I wasn't prepared to pay the return postage out of principle and that if they didn't cover postage I'd leave negative feedback.

Just got a full refund (£9.49), an apology and that I can keep the hole saw.

Tbh all he had to do was give me a couple of quid for post and I'd have sent it back. It's the principle of the thing!

Quite what I put down as feedback I don't know!

Be positively negative - I think the modern generations would call it passive aggressive. You know:

"Great company to deal with as they gave me a full refund when I pointed out that sadly the hole saw was not quite able to cut the depth it said it would on the website and was not an own brand product as they also said."

Service review +ve product review -ve.

Edited by MikeSharp01
Typo
  • Like 1

On 31/07/2017 at 07:39, JSHarris said:

I've often wondered where Silverline get their steel from; must be a special mill that produces steel with all the properties of soft cheese.

Has anyone, ever, got a decent tool from Silverline?  I avoid them like the plague, having been caught twice, once with a bike bottom bracket tool, then again when I bought a pack of the softest, most crappy, band saw blades I've ever seen.

My fencing spike / digging bar /  pry bar seems OK.

Smashes bricks like flies.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-633869-Digging-Bar-1700/dp/B000T9R26W

Edited by Ferdinand

14 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Be positively negative - I think the modern generations would call it passive aggressive. You know:

"Great company to deal with as they gave me a full refund when I pointed out that sadly the hole saw was not quite able to cut the depth it said it would on the website and was not an own brand product as they also said."

Service review +ve product review -ve.

Try saying that in 80 characters or less :/

Agreed. If they apologised and refunded you should leave pos feedback. 

I just bought a tile cutter 'used once' and it arrived with no blade guard. When I asked where it was he replied "did you see one in the pics?"  Did he EVER!

After a couple of exchanges where i enlightened him as to how listings are made by genuine sellers ( his pics were taken when the machine was first taken out of the box not after the once that it was used so the blade guard i assumed was still in the box ) he stumped up. He admitted in his first reply that he knew it was missing so I had him banged to rights.

He stumped up and we both left pos feedback.

"Live today, fight tomorrow"   

So where I'm wondering is the genuine deep Starrett I ordered and was supposed to be here on the 3rd?

"Good Morning, 

Thank you for contacting our customer service team, I have looked in to this for you and can confirm unfortunately upon despatch from our warehouse our warehouse team did notice the one we had left in stock was of the wrong size. We did have to send this back for replacement and we have received the correct size in to us today. This is currently being packed and despatched by our warehouse team and you will receive a confirmation email later on this afternoon informing you this has been despatched and on who this will be delivered by. 
I do send our upmost apologises on this occasion. 
Kind Regards 

Tooled-Up"

Since had a confirmation email it's on it's way. THAT'S service!

I mean, it's holding me up finishing the bathroom but it's good service! ;)

(Can we have a tongue-in-cheek emoticon?)

• 1 year later...

Just ordered this one....... will wait and see what it’s like. I need it to drill through 22-25mm thick oak (old whisky barrels) as I have a new project in development but will post a separate thread on it in a few days. It will be used in the pillar drill. 

4E959B4F-DC2C-47D5-BFEF-62BE4AA65313.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Cpd said:

Just ordered this one....... will wait and see what it’s like. I need it to drill through 22-25mm thick oak (old whisky barrels) as I have a new project in development but will post a separate thread on it in a few days. It will be used in the pillar drill. 

4E959B4F-DC2C-47D5-BFEF-62BE4AA65313.jpeg

The absolute mutt's nuts Morse Cobalt hole saws imo. Cut countless stainless steel with those.