Trackway or alternatives

Silage

My extension build is starting in September and preferred access is via a 25m/30m grassed area to the side of the existing house so I'm concern that concrete trucks, timber frame delivery etc will baulk at the soft ground (18 tonners have been ok in this dry weather). 

Trackway or ground mats may be the way to go but seem expensive. Any experience on sourcing, spec, buying or hiring would be appreciated. Or alternatives?

Is it going to be retained as an access in the future ..??

If so, invest in getting a JCB to strip the topsoil from the roadway and then lay something such as MoT1 or road planings and get them compacted with a decent roller. It will pay dividends in the future. 

We used grass block put on top of our front garden. It survived lorries and a crane and nothing got stuck. We took it up afterwards and most of it was reusable. We are in East Kent and it is pretty dry here although it was down for a few years.

We have bought matting. It's flexible. It reduces the likelihood of slips trips and falls. Every single contractor on site has commented on how much difference they make. Wheeling a sack truck laden with tools.... and then bumping  off on to MOT1 points up the differences.

And I can re-sell them at the end. There is a secondhand market. We've reconfigured the area protected 4 or 5 times now. I have a quadriplegic mate who comes to visit, every time all we do is drag a mat to his van door. Easy. Cleans easily, wet or dry.

But some areas MOT1 is best. It's neither one nor the other; it a question of deciding which is most appropriate. 

I had to use this to make a turning circle on the grass we have, says it's good to 8 tonnes per axel.  Means you don't have to remove anything after the build and the grass grows through it so you wouldn't know it's there.

https://www.grassform.co.uk/buy/heavy-medium-duty-mesh/

just google grass reinforcement mesh and there are a few companies selling essentially the same thing