Incoming Supply Side Water

swisscheese

My incoming supply side from the main has to go directly past the Garage before running another 20 metres up to the house.

The question is can I put the stop cock for the supply side main in the Garage and run the Garage and outside tap from there and then continue with the Blue Pipe to the house and have a second Isolation tap.

Or do I have to run the blue pipe uninterrupted to the house and then re-run it back to the Garage.

The forum are a knowledgeable bunch  and I imagine there are some regs on this but I'm currently struggling to find the answer.

It's normal to have the water companies stopcock close to your boundary. I asssume that is what you are having?

In my case from Scottish Water's stopcock, my pipe then runs to 3 of my own underground stopcock, one to feed the static caravan, one to feed the standpipe and the third to feed the house.

Your proposal sounds no different to what I have done.

We've got their meter/stopcock outside the fence. Inside our fence another stopcock (the old meter position). 25mm MDPE all the way into the house where there's a brass stopcock. I'll be teeing off from the MDPE to garage, up the garden etc as required.

I REALLY should have put a tee here where it sweeps up from the trench and under the footings (if you can call them that). I want to continue mains water up the garden to the left of the pic later on maybe.

2016-10-01_05-11-33

Getting in through / making off inside was one pig I didn't want to revisit but hey ho that's the bit I'll have to redo!

SAM_4102

A little tip. The above MDPE to brass stopcock (brand new) leaked no matter what I did. The good folk on here pointed me to various magical compounds and I settled on Jet Blue Plus. Expensive but worth every penny. Lubes the brass so no squeaking as you tighten as well as sealing:

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/product/center-center-jet-blue-plus-500-g/