Help - Replacement Vanity Sink

I need help

For reason's I won't go into, we now have a cracked basin in the bathroom, it was this model and we were happy with it.

I've asked if I can buy just a replacement sink from the seller, but they only do complete units, whcih is way too £££ for just a replacement basin.

I know they are likely just rebranding a sink and I should be able to find one somewhere, but not had any success yet, can anyone give me some help or point me in the right direction?

Any help greatly appreciated.

sink.png

Edited by Calvinmiddle
to get pic to show

If he didn't have "no nails" maybe he'd have hit them with the hammer instead :D

I worked in a new build estate many, many moons ago whilst working for my old ( dick of a ) boss, and the biggest house sold off plan, well in advance. The lady ( reminded me of Hyacinth Buckét ) said she wanted to buy her own kitchen and bathroom suites. A lovely cream and brass ( ???? ) suite for the ensuite arrived and I got to fitting the basin back against the wall. On goes the spirit level, and it was a mil or so out, so without even thinking about it I pick up the claw hammer and turn it to use the butt of the handle ( rubber handle before you judge ) to, ahem, 'tap' the basin into aligmanent. 

The rubber was missing and the steel shank was exposed....first contact went through both skins of the basin, destroying it in a heartbeat. As I'm juggling the new jigsaw puzzle that used to be a sink, in walks the happy new owner to admire her creamy gold vision of vomit that I had just destroyed.

Tbh I put the damn thing out of its misery, wavey shell shapes and all. Yuk. 

11 minutes ago, Calvinmiddle said:

It'snot nice to laugh at another mans stupidity Nick.... but here you go.

Anything that takes the focus off my bloopers is fair game. ;)

:D

Oh, and there ain't ANY doctor who's got a cure for the crack ( that is the San Andreas fault ) going through your sink. 

3 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Oh, and there ain't ANY doctor who's got a cure for the crack ( that is the San Andreas fault ) going through your sink. 

Bugger, if that is the case then it's back to the start, where can I get a new sink with the having to buy the unit as well?

@Nickfromwales it's resin not ceramic so that will repair ..!

And yes, @Calvinmiddle it's a long story but they repaired a sink in very nice holiday rental that got damaged in similar circumstances to you involving a small child and a rock .... The tw@t I rented it from wanted me to pay for the repair, lose my deposit and his loss for cancelling the booking after ours ...

Think it was about £150 from memory. 

Is that a Lusso Stone sink? Looks like ones that we have.

We had a similar disaster just before moving in. Tackers put a screw through the cold feed to cistern in the ensuite and we only discovered leak after the bathroom was tiled and fitted. Leak was right behind the sink which was Sikaflexed to the wall in the corner. When trying to free it from the wall the sink cracked from the corner.

We got the local MagicMan to come and repair it, he did an excellent job, could not see the damage. 

Fee was £165, which the plastering contractor covered. While he was on site, we got him to touch up a few other bits such as a scratch to a veneered door and the RK Front door. They can seemingly repair just about anything.

enquiries@magicman.co.uk

Get them to check the dimensions.

An alternative would be to replace the basin with a sheet of white corian and put a free standing basin on top. May have to lower the cabinet on the wall.

Edited by Temp