Water supply to detached shed/garage

daiking

8 minutes ago, Onoff said:

What's the elevation of the garden / falls from where the outbuilding is going to the foul drain up top.

Let's do the maths! :)

I think you should find something more productive to do. There’s no need for maths as it would work with a conventional setup. I just won’t be doing that either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daiking said:

I think you should find something more productive to do. There’s no need for maths as it would work with a conventional setup. I just won’t be doing that either.

You're no fun! Start everything with can we not should we! :)

Likewise 63/50 duct is on order. Hopefully it arrives today ?

otherwise it may not be going under the wall and might have to go through the wall :/

wednesday is dig and pour

nope, its coming Wednesday :facepalm:

Edited by daiking

7 hours ago, daiking said:

Likewise 63/50 duct is on order. Hopefully it arrives today ?

otherwise it may not be going under the wall and might have to go through the wall :/

wednesday is dig and pour

nope, its coming Wednesday :facepalm:

Just put an offcut of 3" drain pipe within the wall where the duct will  go. Or a bit of 110mm soil.....or a stiff cardboard tube etc if you haven't got the duct yet. Bean/soup can at a push!

3 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Just put an offcut of 3" drain pipe within the wall where the duct will  go. Or a bit of 110mm soil.....or a stiff cardboard tube etc if you haven't got the duct yet. Bean/soup can at a push!

I’ll speak to the brickie in the morning.

Day 2, massive trench in the garden. Trusting builder to put 2 ducts in the correct place before pouring concrete. Clearly I am a big fan of roulette, Russian rather than French.

The lawn, the poor lawn...

4 minutes ago, Onoff said:

& after all your wife's hard work organising that! :)

Not a great loss, its like a ploughed field with grass growing on it. I need a lawn mower with tracks not wheels.

I need a new fork but I’ll be spending Easter Sunday forking and raking the newly compacted soil over the top of the grass. Work up an appetite for those chocolate eggs

Edited by daiking
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, daiking said:

Not a great loss, its like a ploughed field with grass growing on it. I need a lawn mower with tracks not wheels.

:) I've a big lawn and a BROKEN sit on mower! Got the electrics sorted last year but I think the gearbox (Peerless?) is gone now.

14 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

electric rotavator.

I don't want to start from scratch, I'm blindly optimistic that with a little bit of care the grass will grow through its new 'covering' of soil.

edit: I just meant stabbing the fork into the ground many, many times, not turning the ground over with it.

Edited by daiking