Stainless wire wool.

Triassic

I closed the gap between my cladding and the timber frame using stainless steel knotted mesh stuff, as suggested by others here. It turns out that the supposed stainless steel pan scourers weren't, so they've rusted and fallen out. Can anyone suggest where I can get stainless steel mesh stuff or pan scourers? Ideally something that is actually stainless steel and not just described as stainless steel !

Edited by Triassic

1 hour ago, JSHarris said:

The stuff we used wasn't like wire wool, but was more like stainless steel lathe turnings, rolled into balls.   I bought it from a big catering supply place, not sure which one, but they were around £30 for 100.

Ah, that's the stuff, I bought some labelled as stainless steel, now I find out it wasn't, it's going he rusty and fallen out.

Can you remember the brand?

2 hours ago, Temp said:

Google Pestplug comes in 10 foot (and 25 foot) rolls. 

Plestplug looks interesting, it might just work to fill the gap left by my previous failed attempt at keeping pests out of my rain screen cavity.

I've got a roll of stainless steel wire wool left over from my build. I bought it from a car factors, it's used in exhaust systems. You are very welcome to it, but you would have to collect it. I'm in East Kent.

Edited by PeterStarck

@PeterStarck it looks like it's 350 miles, so that's 700 mile round trip. However, Thanks for the offer. 

Maybe someone more local could make use of it.

Also, thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction, I'll be ordering some online later today, but now I have a demolition site to clear ready for foundations!