EPS layering / DPM

bissoejosh

I've realized we have the available height to add an additional sheet of insulation under our 100mm ground floor slab. Originally I had planned on using 2 x 100mm EPS70 with the DPM underneath as stated by Jabfloor. If I add an additional 100mm sheet on the bottom would there be any issues using it as a blind and sandwiching the DPM above it but below the upper two sheets? Consensus seems to be EPS can get wet - but Jabloor to state DPM first then EPS hence the doubt...

Also any additional issues going thicker with EPS70 rather than one of the denser variants?

thanks

No problem, it would be worth doing.  Our DPM is sandwiched between layers of EPS, the lowest two 100mm layers are direct on the blinding.  There's no issue with putting EPS directly on the ground as it doesn't absorb water.  One of the first applications of EPS as a load spreading foundation was supporting railway lines across boggy ground, I believe.

10 hours ago, JSHarris said:

No problem, it would be worth doing.  Our DPM is sandwiched between layers of EPS, the lowest two 100mm layers are direct on the blinding.  There's no issue with putting EPS directly on the ground as it doesn't absorb water.  One of the first applications of EPS as a load spreading foundation was supporting railway lines across boggy ground, I believe.

Perfect, I'll get some extra EPS ordered.