Tiling on chipboard.

The first house we bought had a disaster area of a bathroom, where the rough granite walls (it had been an outbuilding) were dry lined with chipboard and then tiled.  When I ripped it all out it was a disgusting mess of soggy, rotten chipboard, really manky.

1 hour ago, JSHarris said:

The first house we bought had a disaster area of a bathroom, where the rough granite walls (it had been an outbuilding) were dry lined with chipboard and then tiled.  When I ripped it all out it was a disgusting mess of soggy, rotten chipboard, really manky.

This is exactly what they have done. 

Except they have insulated behind the chipboard.............. see my other thread in insulation to see what they used. ??

2 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Ah, dexion, I remember it well. I used it once to hold a gearbox in a car when converting from auto to manual!

I'd have shelved that idea... :ph34r:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

I think we need a topic on dodgy shit you found while doing a Reno or a bit of demolition. 

I think I could write a whole book on the house we are in now. 

I've  not got a photo of it but there are some "interesting" purlins made of 4x2 and plywood holding up the old roof ... suffice to say they came out too as they were definitely not passed by an SE..!

Best one below ground was the MDPE doing a 3ft loop under the garage floor ......