Water under screed and insulation

They were due to lay all my screed floors on Saturday.

Due to torrential rain last week they could lay the upper floors, but the ground floor became flooded and water got under the insulation.

They have lifted insulation and are trying to dry out the floor before coming back to screed it on Saturday.

Does it have to be totally dry under the insulation/screed. or is a bit of water OK?

I think the issue you're trying to resolve is the one of the Celotex floating or absorbing water ..?

Any water that is below the insulation and above the DPM will get pushed upwards by the weight of the concrete or screed but some may remain. It's not going to affect anything in the long term. 

At worst, it will get into the lower part of the screed and it will take longer to dry out. 

It is pretty much watertight now, but it wasn't until the end of last week. It was just bad luck that there was torrential rain in the last couple of days as they finished off.

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

I think the issue you're trying to resolve is the one of the Celotex floating or absorbing water ..?

Yes, the Celotex is floating on the water which gets squeezed out when you stand on it.

I tend to think that it would just dry out eventually, just like my garage floor gets flooded and then dries over time, I just wanted to make sure there are not any permanent issues that I could be locking under the screed if it isn't perfectly dry when it is laid.

I think I would get the insulation up and have all the windows and doors open for a few days. At least until any puddles have gone. Then lay a DPM before putting the  insulation back down.